Physician- Psychiatry (Sharpe Hospital) -133
West Virginia University School of Medicine and the Department of Behavioral Medicine and Psychiatry seek a Psychiatrist qualified for appointment at the Assistant Professor, Associate Professor, or Professor rank. The successful candidate will be expected to practice at Sharpe Hospital in Weston, WV .
Qualifications: Successful candidates must have an MD or DO degree (foreign educational equivalent accepted) and be eligible to obtain an unrestricted West Virginia medical license. Candidates must be board certified/eligible in psychiatry. For appointment at the Associate Professor or Professor ranks, a demonstrated track record of leadership, excellent communication skills, and publications in high-impact journals are required. All qualifications must be met by the time of appointment.
Duties: Responsibilities include providing excellent patient care in addition to teaching medical students and psychiatry residents.
William R. Sharpe, Jr. Hospital is a 150-bed, fully-accredited state psychiatric hospital and winner of an APA State/University collaboration award. The hospital provides treatment of involuntarily committed adults with a variety of diagnoses and has a dynamic forensic psychiatry program. While the facility is operated by the State Department of Health and Human Resources, our professional staff (psychiatrists, psychologists, and clinical social workers) is employed as full-time faculty members of the WVU School of Medicine, hired through the Department of Behavioral Medicine and Psychiatry. WVU faculty positions include regionally competitive salaries and excellent benefits. Sharpe Hospital is an active training site for WVU Psychiatry residents, forensic fellows, and students of medicine and other disciplines. Clinical experience is enhanced by dedicated time for research and teaching. There is no call duty.
The West Virginia University Health System, the state’s largest health system and largest private employer, is comprised of 13 hospitals throughout WV with the flagship academic medical center, West Virginia University/ J.W. Ruby Memorial Hospital, located in Morgantown. The System also provides management services to five additional hospitals.
William Sharpe Hospital is located just an hour south of Morgantown, WV, and is easily accessed from Interstate 79. Nearby Bridgeport, WV, is an area with steady economic advancement, beautiful homes, great city services, and the finest of schools, including the #2 ranked high school in the state. Enjoy endless outdoor recreation, championship golf, history, and arts and culture in this north-central WV region.
Build your legacy as you serve, teach, learn and make a difference from day one. To learn more, visit https://dhhr.wv.gov/officeofhealthfacilities/Pages/William-R.-Sharpe,-Jr.-Hospital.aspx and https://medicine.hsc.wvu.edu/bmed/ and apply online at http://wvumedicine.org/careers/ . For additional information, please contact Pam Furbee, Senior Physician Recruiter, at email@example.com.
WVU & UHA are AA/EO employer – Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – and WVU is the recipient of an NSF ADVANCE award for gender equity.
Notes To Applicants
- Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here .
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Valley Chapel
- Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Valley Chapel
- Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Valley Chapel
- Other Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Valley Chapel
- Pediatrics Not specified Full Time jobs in Valley Chapel