Completion Coach (4 positions)
Columbia Basin College ('CBC' or the 'College') seeks a Completion Coach (CC) to assist in the delivery of comprehensive specialized services to enhance the retention and completion results of students at CBC. The CC will employ proactive interventions for at-risk students, academic progress monitoring, general systems navigation, educational planning, and provide academic advising during peak registration periods to support retention, persistence, and completion. This position will be responsible for retention efforts and advising for students, and for a comprehensive call-out program to assist students with college transition. The Completion Coach reports to the Associate Dean for Student Completion and Retention.
This position is open until filled. Priority consideration will be given to applicants whose complete application has been received by June 28, 2020 at 11:59 PM PDT.
- Develop, manage and facilitate a student contact and call-out program to assist with college transition and to provide support throughout the quarter;
- Develop, manage and supervise a Student Mentor Program to support and enhance retention and completion for students;
- Develop and manage an academic early warning intervention program and provide follow-up services for students referred by faculty members to identify and implement retention and completion strategies;
- Develop, monitor and facilitate a degree completion intervention process to alert students to the graduation process;
- Provide timely and accurate educational information to students on degrees, certificates, courses, college policies and procedures as well as campus resources;
- Deliver developed workshops/presentations on topics to include study skills, college and career planning, financial aid processes, scholarship searches, test preparation, and motivation assessments;
- Assist with the organization of the First Year Introduction program;
- Assist with educational advising by developing online information sessions and an online advising program;
- Assist students in identifying effective problem-solving skills, self-advocacy approaches, decision making and personal responsibility;
- Disseminate information on programs and services to students, college staff and the community; and
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited college or university;
- Two (2) years of experience working with diverse populations of varied ethnicities, ages, backgrounds and abilities in an educational, nonprofit or social services setting; and
- Experience giving oral presentations in a group setting.
- Master's degree from a regionally accredited college or university;
- One (1) year of experience working with underprepared adults, first generation college students, and/or students with special needs;
- Experience in a community college setting.
Accuracy : Monitor accuracy of own work; recognize and corrects errors; maintain accurate records; accomplish tasks thoroughly through concern for all the areas involved, no matter how small;
Analytical Skills : Synthesize complex or diverse information; collect and research data; identify data relationships and dependencies; design workflows and procedures;
Resourceful & Entrepreneurial : Consistently focus on end results and find most effective way to achieve goals and objectives; act on opportunities; take calculated risks; generate non-routine, non-traditional actions to overcome obstacles and achieve results;
Attitude Toward Progress and Change : Cooperate and support change and new processes; acceptance and quality performance throughout change;
Willingness to Learn : Open to learning new methods, obtaining certifications, attending training; participate in cross-training opportunities when assigned; suggest and/or research new methods; proactively look for training opportunities that would better the position and/or department;
Oral & Written Communication : Speak clearly and persuasively in positive and negative situations; listen and get clarification; respond well to questions; demonstrate group presentation skills; participate in meetings; structure and convey information clearly and effectively through both formal and informal documents; review and edit written work constructively; ability to tailor to audience in mind;
Student Centered : Attention, interest, activities and efforts are centered upon the best interest of students; create and support an environment that enables learners to achieve their personal, academic, and professional goals; provide courteous and helpful responses to all customers, whether they be students, general public or employees from another department;
Support for Diversity : Reflecting CBC's mission, vision and values, support initiatives that expand the human qualities that differentiate our workplace and educational setting; demonstrate and advocate an understanding of differences, open mindedness, compassion, sensitivity and interest in differing viewpoints given the diverse population and show a deep commitment to the involvement of colleagues, students and community members to student experience and success honoring freedom of expression as fundamental to personal, professional and organizational growth;
Accountability : Accountable for own actions, decisions, errors, mistakes and/or failures to act when appropriate; accept responsibility when given, understand what duties employee is responsible for and can be counted upon to carry out those responsibilities; and
Teamwork : Demonstrate a willingness to work with, and help others in completing job assignments, the ability to accept constructive criticism, and to cooperate with fellow employees and supervisors; demonstrate alignment with the 'Yes And' culture, (e.g., being present and listening, making each other look good, embracing change and failure and choosing positivity).
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
This is a twelve (12) month per year, full-time exempt position. The standard work hours will be Monday through Thursday 7:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., and Friday 7:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.; however, work hours may vary due to work demands and some evening and weekend work may be required. This position is overtime exempt.
Prior to a new hire, a background check including criminal record history will be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment but will be considered in determining the applicant's suitability and competence to perform in the position.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
In the interest of providing a healthy, safe and secure educational and work environment, and in order to meet the requirements of federal legislation, it is the policy of Columbia Basin College to maintain an alcohol and drug-free workplace for our employees and students. This position is directly engages in the performance of work on a federal contract or grant which requires compliance with the College's Drug-Free Workplace Policy, as well as reporting requirements, as a condition of employment.
If you are hired, you will need to provide proof of identity and documentation of U.S. citizenship or appropriate authorization to work in this position as required by the Immigration Reform Control Act of 1986.
Columbia Basin College operates under an approved affirmative action plan and encourages applications from persons of color, women, veterans and persons of disability. The Human Resources Office is accessible to those with disabilities. If you need accommodation in application or employment, contact the Human Resources Office at (509) 542-4740.
- Ability to sit and stand for long periods of time;
- Frequent need for oral, written and auditory communication;
- Frequent use of computer and mouse;
- Occasional need for travel; and
- Occasional need to lift at least 20 pounds.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Pasco
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Pasco
- Affirmative Action & Equal Opportunity Not specified Full Time jobs in Pasco
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Pasco
- Academic Advising & Academic Support Services Not specified Full Time jobs in Pasco