Postdoctoral Associate - Neuroscience
The Jan and Dan Duncan Neurological Research Institute (NRI), Baylor College of Medicine (BCM) is located in the heart of the Texas Medical Center, the largest medical center in the nation.
The Jan and Dan Duncan NRI and BCM provide a vibrant environment to facilitate collaborations between labs and promote dynamic interactions between basic researchers and clinicians.
The NRI is dedicated to research aimed at understanding normal brain function and the pathogeneses of neurological disorders. The multidisciplinary, interactive environment of the NRI and department encourages collaborations between investigators with complementary expertise, providing an enriched environment for the postdoctoral fellow to develop their independent research program.
To learn more about our lab, please visit: https://www.bcm.edu/research/labs/mingshan-xue
The Postdoctoral Associate will work in one or both of the following two areas:
- Investigate the synaptic mechanisms of cortical circuits in mice.
- Study the dysfunctions of cortical circuits in novel mouse models of neurodevelopmental disorders.
Education: Ph.D in Basic Science, Health Science, or a related field.
Experience: None required.
- Develop independent research program in the general area of cortical circuit and neurodevelopmental disorder.
- Previous experience in neuroscience is desired, we are also interested in individuals with a broad range of expertise.
- Strong research record in one or more of the following areas:
- in vivo two-photon imaging;
- in vivo electrophysiology;
- animal behavior.
- Background in math, physics, or computer science.
Applicants should submit a cover letter stating research experience and interest, a CV, and a list of 3 references as a single PDF file.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
CA; CH; PD