CALIFORNIA STATE UNIVERSITY, LONG BEACH
COLLEGE OF LIBERAL ARTS
DEPARTMENT OF ENGLISH
Tenure-Track Position Opening
RECRUITMENT # :541
POSITION: Assistant/Associate Professor of English (Rhetoric and
Composition) and Director of University Writing Center (UWC)
EFFECTIVE DATE: August 19, 2019 (Fall Semester)
RANK and SALARY: Commensurate with qualifications and
TO APPLY VISIT: http://web.csulb.edu/divisions/aa/personnel/jobs/posting/2541/index.html
- Ph.D. in English, or closely related field, at time of
application or completion of the doctoral degree by August 1,
- Specialization in Rhetoric and Composition or Writing Center
- Potential for, or evidence of, excellence in teaching and
research (especially in the areas of Writing Center Studies,
Rhetoric and Composition, and/or English) at the college level
commensurate with rank.
- A minimum of 3 years of tutoring experience in a writing
- Ability to communicate effectively with an ethnically and
culturally diverse campus community.
- Demonstrated potential for successful research and
- Demonstrated commitment to working successfully with a diverse
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS (as appropriate for Assistant or Associate
- Demonstrated excellence in teaching all levels of college
- Demonstrated excellence in administration of a writing
- Demonstrated ability to oversee and direct staff and faculty,
manage budgets, and develop and implement activities as well as
strategic plans in the UWC.
- Demonstrated experience in the rhetoric of gender and
- Experience in writing assessment and curriculum
- Experience in the application of digital technology in rhetoric
and composition courses.
Review of applications to begin January 15, 2018.
Position opened until filled (or recruitment canceled)
CSULB is committed to creating a community in which a diverse
population can learn, live, and work in an atmosphere of tolerance,
civility and respect for the rights and sensibilities of each
individual, without regard to race, color, national origin,
ancestry, religious creed, sex, gender identity, sexual
orientation, marital status, disability, medical condition, age,
Vietnam era veteran status, or any other veteran's status. CSULB is
an Equal Opportunity Employer.