Assistant Professor of Translation and Spanish
The Department of Foreign Languages recently launched a Bachelor’s Degree in Spanish Translation and is looking to hire a full-time, tenure-track Assistant Professor of Translation and Spanish to begin August 2019. This position consists of a teaching load of four three-credit-hour courses per semester, advising, and committee work.
Teach translation and interpretation courses in both Spanish and
2) Teach Spanish language courses at all levels, including Spanish for the professions.
3) Design and deliver course materials, and assess them appropriately.
4) Recommend curriculum changes for ongoing improvement of the translation degree program.
5) Maintain ongoing scholarship.
M.A. degree in Translation Studies, Spanish or related
2) 2+ years ES-EN-ES translation experience.
3) Ability to teach translation and interpretation courses in both Spanish and English and Spanish language courses at all levels, including Spanish for the professions.
4) Teaching experience at the college level.
5) Evidence of ongoing scholarship or potential for scholarship.
6) Native or near-native proficiency in Spanish and English.
1) Ph.D. in Translation Studies, Spanish, or related
2) Experience or training in ACTFL Proficiency Guidelines.
3) Experience teaching interpretation courses.
4) Experience advising students about careers in translation and interpretation.
5) Experience with CAT tools and other translation technologies.
6) Experience in medical, legal, commercial, audiovisual, and/or other specialized fields of translation and/or interpretation.
7) Accreditation and/or certification as a translator/interpreter.
To apply, please complete the online application at https://jobs.weber.edu/ and attach a cover letter, current CV, transcripts, and the names and contact information for three professional references.
Screening of applications will begin November 8, 2018. Position will remain open until filled.
Criminal background check required as a condition of employment.