Postdoctoral Associate (50263)
The Engineering School of Sustainable Infrastructure and Environment (ESSIE) at the University of Florida invites applications for a postdoctoral researcher in transportation, to begin as early as September 1st, 2019 or as soon as possible thereafter. The successful candidate will assist the University of Florida Transportation Institute (UFTI) with several research projects related to its I-STREET initiative. The candidate will assist with proposal writing, development of research plans, quantitative analyses, and tech transfer efforts. Candidates for this position should have a strong qualitative and quantitative research background and have experience with traffic operational analyses, transportation engineering/planning, survey design and administration, statistical analysis, and familiarity with connected and autonomous vehicle operations.
100% Research and analysis
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Collect data for various research projects, document research methods and output, and prepare scientific reports
- Extract and compile datasets from various sources and conduct appropriate comprehensive analysis
- Conduct Benefit Cost Analysis and provide recommendations
- Prepare various documents essential for grant reporting
- Assist in research methodology design, and develop research and implementation plans
- Design and administer surveys
- Conduct focus groups, interviews and surveys with project participants to solicit project feedback and participate in other data collection efforts
- Conduct data analysis ranging from simple data aggregation via statistical analysis to complex data mining and regression
- Interpret results using a variety of techniques and visualization tools.
- Prepare project documents as needed.
- Coordinate with technology vendors, and state- and local- agencies for project administration. Candidate must be a self-starter and able to work independently. Supervisor is available for solving problems and maintaining quality control of more difficult tasks. Meets regularly with supervisor and team members to ask questions, discuss progress and challenges, and to review and set workflow priorities.
Standard working hours of Monday - Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. not to exceed 40 hours per week as per UFHR post-doc employment policy. Position is time-limited
Annual salary will be $50,000, commensurate with experience.
Minimum: PhD in Civil Engineering or related field;
Excellent communication skills and a successful record of report writing and research publications.
- Proficient, demonstrated experience in developing research design and research plan
- Proficient, demonstrated experience with statistical analysis
- Ability to work independently to accomplish goals
- Experience with public meetings and working with public and private officials
- High level of comfort working on transportation research projects
- Flexibility and ability to adapt and work in a rapidly changing environment.
- Excellent customer service and business etiquette skills.
- Connected and Autonomous Vehicle - related experience; several years of experience with traffic operations and/ or highway safety analysis.
Final candidate will be required to provide official transcript to the hiring department upon hire. A transcript will not be considered “official” if a designation of “Issued to Student” is visible. Degrees earned from an education institution outside of the United States are required to be evaluated by a professional credentialing service provider approved by National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES), which can be found at http://www.naces.org/ .
The University of Florida is an equal opportunity institution dedicated to building a broadly diverse and inclusive faculty and staff. If an accommodation due to a disability is needed to apply for this position, please call 352/392-2477 or the Florida Relay System at 800/955-8771 (TDD). Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the US. Searches are conducted in accordance with Florida's Sunshine Law.
The University of Florida is committed to non-discrimination with respect to race, creed, color, religion, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, national origin, political opinions or affiliations, genetic information and veteran status in all aspects of employment including recruitment, hiring, promotions, transfers, discipline, terminations, wage and salary administration, benefits, and training.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Gainesville
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Gainesville
- Biotechnology & Bioengineering Not specified Full Time jobs in Gainesville
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Gainesville
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Gainesville