Assistant/Associate/Full Professor - Acute Care Surgery - Trauma (46233)
The Department of Surgery at the University of Florida is recruiting for full-time tenure or non-tenure track acute care surgeons to join the Division of Acute Care Surgery. Fellowship training in surgical critical care and five years of faculty teaching experience is preferred. The academic rank will be based upon the career stage and development of the candidate. This new physician will join a group of Acute Care surgeons with a reputation of excellence in patient care and an established track-record research activity. The Division has a long-standing commitment to both Resident and Fellow education and the new surgeon will be heavily involved in this effort. The ideal candidate will lead our surgical critical care and acute care surgery fellowships.
Minimum Qualifications: This position requires an MD or equivalent degree; board certification or eligibility in general surgery.
Preferred Qualifications: Fellowship training in surgical critical care and trauma surgery or extensive experience is preferred. Five years of faculty teaching experience +/- assistant or associate program director experience is preferred. Active member of AAST is also preferred.
- All Applicants must apply for position at: https://facultyjobs.hr.ufl.edu/ .
- Letter of interest, curriculum vitae, and a list of 3-5 professional references required with submission of application.
- Background Check Required.
- Selected candidate will be required to provide an official transcript to the hiring department upon hire. A transcript will not be considered "official" if a designation of "Issued to Student" is visible. Degrees earned from an education institution outside of the United States are required to be evaluated by a professional credentialing service provider approval by National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES), which can be found at http://naces.org/ .
- If an accommodation due to a disability is needed to apply for this position, please call 352-392-2477 or the Florida Relay System at 800-955-8771 (TDD). Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the US. Searches are conducted in accordance with Florida's Sunshine Law.
- This job requisition is being used to fill multiple positions.
The University of Florida is committed to non-discrimination with respect to race, creed, color, religion, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, national origin, political opinions or affiliations, genetic information and veteran status in all aspects of employment including recruitment, hiring, promotions, transfers, discipline, terminations, wage and salary administration, benefits, and training.