Assistant/Associate/Full Professor - Acute Care Surgery - Research (41005)
The Department of Surgery at the University of Florida is recruiting a full time tenure or non-tenure track researcher to join the Division of Acute Care Surgery. The academic rank will be based upon the career stage and development of the candidate. The new researcher will join a group of Acute Care surgeons with a reputation of excellence in patient care and an established track-record of federal and industry funded research. The Division has a long-standing commitment to both Resident and Fellow education and the new researcher will be involved in this effort.
The successful candidate will conduct research on the neuromodulation of the immune system in sepsis. This position will be funded by an NIH grant, and requires advanced skills in small animal survival surgery, vagal nerve stimulation, immunohistochemistry, RNA and DNA processing, PCR and immunoassays. The individual filling this position will have primary responsibility for creation and full implementation of these analytical approaches, the development of experimental designs, and the presentation and publication of research findings. The candidate will need to possess advanced skills in cell biology and cell signaling to perform this research.
Minimum Qualifications: This position requires a PhD or equivalent degree. Background in cell biology and cell signaling.
Preferred Qualifications: Advanced skills in cell biology and cell signaling.
Special Instructions to applicants:
- All Applicants must apply for position at: https://facultyjobs.hr.ufl.edu/ .
- Letter of interest, curriculum vitae, and a list of 3-5 professional references required with submission of application.
- Background Check Required.
- Review of applications will begin on November 30th and will continue until a sufficient applicant pool has been established.
- Selected candidate will be required to provide an official transcript to the hiring department upon hire. A transcript will not be considered "official" if a designation of "Issued to Student" is visible. Degrees earned from an education institution outside of the United States are required to be evaluated by a professional credentialing service provider approval by National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES), which can be found at http://naces.org/ .
- If an accommodation due to a disability is needed to apply for this position, please call 352-392-2477 or the Florida Relay System at 800-955-8771 (TDD). Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the US. Searches are conducted in accordance with Florida's Sunshine Law.
The University of Florida is committed to non-discrimination with respect to race, creed, color, religion, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, national origin, political opinions or affiliations, genetic information and veteran status in all aspects of employment including recruitment, hiring, promotions, transfers, discipline, terminations, wage and salary administration, benefits, and training.