Dean, College of Engineering
DEAN, COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING AND COMPUTER SCIENCE
California State University, Fullerton and the College of
Engineering and Computer Science seek an accomplished educator,
skilled administrator, and proactive collaborator to serve as Dean.
Ideally, this person will join the University by Summer 2018.
The Dean serves as the chief academic officer of the College and will advance both the strategic direction of the College and the University as a whole. This work includes providing vision and collegial leadership in the planning and implementation of academic, research, and student success programs in the College and building strategic relationships with private- and public-sector partners and investors. Reporting to the Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs, the Dean of the College of Engineering and Computer Science serves as a member of the senior leadership team of the University, including the Council of Deans and President’s Advisory Board.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Providing strong, consistent, and fair leadership;
- Shaping a vision for the College consistent with the University strategic plan and the strategic plan of the College;
- Creating and sustaining an environment supportive of research, scholarship, and creative activity;
- Providing oversight of the College’s instructional program including leadership in curriculum improvement, innovation, and assessment of student learning;
- Leading the College’s fundraising and grant-seeking efforts;
- Collaborating across the University and with the external community;
- Planning and administering the annual budgeting process and the budget for the College; and
- Assuming responsibility for the supervision of the College’s support staff and personnel.
- Earned doctorate from an accredited institution;
- Professional, scholarly, and educational accomplishments commensurate with an appointment as a tenured faculty member within the college;
- Administrative experience as a dean, associate dean, department chair, or comparable position, including experience in strategic planning, policy development, budget oversight, effective leadership, supervision and management of faculty and staff personnel, and collegial collaboration as a member of an academic administrative team;
- Record of supporting faculty development in teaching, research, scholarship, and service;
- Administrative experience working with and supporting faculty, staff, students and programs that are diverse in terms of race, ethnicity, language, gender, sexual orientation, and physical ability;
- Record of implementing initiatives to facilitate student success, ensure learning outcomes are met, and narrow achievement gaps;
- Capacity to understand, shape, and implement the University’s mission and goals.
- Experience and accomplishments commensurate with appointment as a tenured Full Professor within the college;
- Three or more years of increasing administrative responsibilities at the level of department chair or higher;
- Significant experience solving a variety of complex curricular, fiscal/budgetary, human resources challenges, and organizational management experience in an accredited institution of higher learning similar to Cal State Fullerton;
- Knowledge of national and international trends and vision of opportunity;
- Demonstrated experience:
o overseeing accreditation and/or program assessment,
o generating external support and fundraising, and
o leading organizational change.
Academic Search, Inc., an executive search firm, is supporting the University in this search. Applications and nominations should be sent to ECS@academic-search.com. Ideally, a new dean will be in the office as soon as possible, but no later than summer 2018. The search will remain open until filled, but only applications received by February 26, 2018 can be assured full consideration. Application review will begin immediately. For more information about this opportunity, please see the Leadership Profile at www.academic-search.com under “current searches”. For a confidential conversation about the search, please contact Senior Consultant Jessica Kozloff at email@example.com. A complete application should contain a cover letter expressing how the applicant meets the desired leadership characteristics and requirements, a current C.V., and names of 5 references. References will not be contacted without approval of the applicants.
Consistently lauded as a top national university, Cal State Fullerton — with 109 degree programs and an enrollment of nearly 40,500 — has cemented its role as a respected, in-demand and go-to leader within the California State University and beyond. A Titan education is defined by immersive learning experiences amid a rich diversity of perspectives and backgrounds. Internships, collaborative research, study away and study abroad, service in the community, and a vibrant co-curricular life keep students engaged and empowered on their way to a degree. Confident, well-prepared, and culturally competent, CSUF graduates are uniquely positioned to excel as emergent leaders in the global marketplace, in further education and in their communities. Having benefited from a rigorous, innovative curriculum and an inclusive, supportive environment, Titans are equipped to adapt to a rapidly changing world and continuously evolve to meet new demands and opportunities.
Cal State Fullerton is an Equal
Opportunity, Title IX/503/504/VEVRA/ADA
Achieving a Climate of Success through Diversity & Inclusion.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Fullerton
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Fullerton
- Engineering Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Fullerton
- Administrative Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Fullerton
- Deans Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Fullerton