The Business Division at Southwestern College invites
applications for two tenure-track positions at the rank of
Assistant or Associate Professor. The Business Division
offers a collegial environment, a robust undergraduate curriculum
in a student-centered environment, a diverse student population,
and an on-campus accelerated MBA program.
Founded in 1885, Southwestern College is ranked as a Top Tier
regional university in the Midwest by U.S. News and World Report.
Its online programs for undergraduates were recently ranked in the
top thirty in the United States. The college serves over
2,000 students in ground and online programs for undergraduate and
graduate students. Students on the residential campus in
Winfield enjoy direct interaction with faculty members that is
enhanced by the use by all faculty and students of college-issued
laptops on a campus with ubiquitous wireless technology. The
college’s excellent programs in service learning, the performing
arts, and athletics, create a vibrant and participatory campus
- Customary teaching load is 4 courses per semester (12 semester
hours) in undergraduate and MBA-level business courses. Both of
these positions will have their main focus on the undergraduate
- Courses may include: Principles of Marketing, Principles of
Management, Sales, Consumer Behavior, and Marketing Strategy.
We will consider additional areas as part of the search, but these
areas will be included in both positions.
- Departmental duties include advising students, participating in
department and campus-wide committees, collaborating with faculty
on Business Division programs, and service to the campus and
- Maintain professional currency in field by participating in
field-relevant conferences, professional development, and creative
- PhD in marketing or management preferred. Qualified
business-related Master’s or JD degrees considered. Practical
business experience and digital marketing experience is a
- Demonstrated teaching or training excellence.
- Two years of teaching or training experience preferred.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment.
- These positions offer a competitive salary. Southwestern
College offers an excellent benefits package.
Completed applications must include the
- Letter of application addressing interest and qualifications
for positions including interest in specific courses mentioned in
- Curriculum Vitae or résumé
- Statement of teaching philosophy
- Name, address, email address, and phone number of at least
three references who can address the candidate’s qualifications for
- Transcripts (copies accepted). Official transcripts are
required at time of appointment.
Send all materials to Ms. Lonnie Boyd, Director of Human
Resources, Southwestern College 100 College
Street, Winfield, Kansas 67156 or Email:
Priority deadline for full consideration is January 26,
2018. Positions are open until filled. In compliance
with the Immigration Control Act of 1986, candidates for positions
must provide proof of eligibility to work before an offer of
employment can be made final. The successful candidate will be
subject to a criminal background check. Southwestern College
is an EEO/AA employer.