Assistant Professor of Mechanical Engineering Technology
VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT (VA STEM MET)
FOUR FULL-TIME FACULTY POSITIONS IN STEM
Positions: Full-time faculty position in Mechanical Engineering Technology (VA STEM # 2017-03)
School: School of Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics, International University of Grand-Bassam
Location: Grand-Bassam, Côte d’Ivoire (Ivory Coast)
Reporting Line: Associate Dean of STEM
Application Deadline: AUGUST 15, 2017 at 18:00 GMT
Appointment Date: Four full-time positions to be filled for Fall 2017 (August 22, 2017)
Salary and Rank: To be determined, depending on qualifications and experience
The International University of Grand-Bassam (IUGB) is an independent institution, established as a private-public partnership, offering an American-style curriculum in English. IUGB opened in 2005 and was formally accredited as a University in Côte d’Ivoire, by the promulgation of Decree n° 2007-477 on 16 May 2007. IUGB offers Bachelor degree programs in the School of Business and Social Sciences (BSS), and in the School of Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM). Our Undergraduate Preparatory Program trains students for university-level work through courses in English, technology and mathematics.
The mission of IUGB, as a world class, not-for-profit, American-style institution, is to deliver an English-language liberal arts education in fields critical to Côte d’Ivoire and West Africa's growth and development.
The University’s core values, which include caring, ethics, equal opportunity, gender equality, and lifelong learning, underpin its teaching, research, and service activities to produce innovative, entrepreneurial, and socially responsible leaders.
Location and Languages
IUGB is located in Grand-Bassam, Côte d’Ivoire, a coastal city about 20 miles east of the economic capital, Abidjan. While all instruction and University management are conducted in English, IUGB is located in a French-speaking country.
The faculty will be expected to teach courses in the appointed subject area engage in applied research and render services as required by IUGB administration. Materials and course development as well as providing learning support to students are integral responsibilities of this position.
- Ph.D. or equivalent in the discipline or related field, preferably earned from an institution in an English-speaking country.
- Native-like fluency in English.
- Familiarity with the US-style of higher education.
- At least three years teaching experience at university level
- Publications in peer reviewed journals in area of specialization or closely related fields.
- Highly recommended:
- International teaching experience and/or study or extended stay in an English-speaking country.
- Practical experience in business or industry.
- Interest in STEM education in Africa.
Essential Skills and Personal Qualities:
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work in teams.
- Commitment to high quality teaching and research.
- Commitment to contribute to the growth and development of a young, innovative institution.
- Computer literacy.
- Willingness and ability to integrate educational technologies into teaching and course management.
- Creativity and interest in learning materials development.
To ensure consideration
Candidates should send the following documents electronically to the Office of Human Resources, at email@example.com before AUGUST 15, 2017.
- A letter of application stating the candidate’s interest in the position and qualifications;
- A curriculum vitae including the names and contact details of at least two referees;
- Evidence of effective teaching, for example, copies of teaching evaluations;
- Official transcripts of graduate studies completed.
Very Important Notice: Before submitting your application via email, be sure to include in the subject line the Vacancy Announcement number: VA STEM # 2017-03