Adjunct Faculty, Mechatronics/Mech. Eng. Tech/Industrial Maintenance
Posting Number F00567 Position Title Adjunct Faculty, Mechatronics/Mech. Eng. Tech/Industrial Maintenance Internal Position Title Department Engineering/Math/Phy Sci Div Position Type Part-Time Faculty Job Family Adjunct Faculty Job Summary
The College of Lake County is looking for Adjunct Faculty, Mechatronics/Mechanical Engineering Technician/Industrial Maintenance. They will teach courses in subject field. Develop instructional materials. Assess student learning and assign grades. Attend required Adjunct meetings in the Fall and Spring semesters. Participate in college governance and other aspects of academic life. Maintain current knowledge of subject matter.
The College of Lake County ( CLC ) is a comprehensive community college located in northeastern Illinois committed to being an innovative educational institution providing life-changing paths for our students by offering exceptional learning experiences.
The college is widely recognized for student success, business and community partnerships and for the achievements of our faculty, staff and alumni. Long-known as an employer of choice in Lake County, CLC was ranked #15 on the Forbes list of Top 100 Employers in the State of Illinois for 2019.
1) Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Manufacturing, or related field.
2) At least 5 (five) years of relevant experience in an industrial manufacturing environment, industrial maintenance, engineering design, manufacturing engineering, or mechanical engineering.
3) Strong oral communication skills, professional attitude, attention to detail, and desire to help others succeed in their career goals are essential.
4) Ability to work effectively and constructively with persons of diverse cultures, gender identities, language groups, and abilities; demonstrate sensitivity to and ability to work with the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, faculty, and staff, including those with disabilities; establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
Competency in technologies commonly used in college level instruction.
1) Teaching/training experience is highly desired.
2) Familiarity with online classroom management systems (e.g. Canvas).
Posting Date 05/20/2020 Closing Date 05/20/2021 Expected Start Date Special Instructions Summary
Applications are accepted on an ongoing basis, your application will remain in the pool until the posting closes. This pool will remain open for one year. Selected applicants will be contacted by the academic department when an opening is anticipated.
Pay Rate Per adjunct contract. Full-Time/Part-Time Part-Time Location Grayslake Total Hours per week Per class schedule. Work Schedule
Per class schedule.
The College of Lake County is an equal opportunity employer and has a strong commitment to diversity. In that spirit, it seeks a broad spectrum of candidates including minorities, women and people with disabilities. EOE /AA/M/F/D/V
Software Testing Required None Interview Process Requirements None Summary of Essential Functions
Teach courses in subject field. Develop instructional materials. Assess student learning and assign grades. Attend required Adjunct meetings in the Fall and Spring semesters. Participate in college governance and other aspects of academic life. Maintain current knowledge of subject matter.
Faculty members are expected to maintain current in compliance training, including compliance under Title IX “Responsible Employee” and, if applicable, Clery Act Campus Security Authority.
Select, prepare and maintain current curriculum, course outlines and printed and non-printed instructional materials.
Teach courses as scheduled each academic semester.
Provide instructional support to the students. Refer students, when appropriate, to sources of specialized services within the College.
Provide the Division and the students a syllabus that includes course objectives and learning outcomes, attendance policies in line with those of the college, texts and readings, timelines and evaluation criteria, and any other information required by College, Division, or departmental policy.
Observe and evaluate student performance in meeting course objectives and learning outcomes through assignments, projects, discussions or examinations. Provide feedback in a timely manner on student progress.
Deliver course content using a variety of teaching styles.
Maintain office/discipline/grade/division records as required by the College.
Be available for student consultation through phone or email.
Use the appropriate College policies and procedures to resolve and document student complaints, concerns and problems.
Assist in developing and administering discipline-appropriate measures of student academic achievement, use departmental testing instruments as provided. Administer other instruments designed to measure student learning outcomes as requested and required by the department. Provide all results as requested.
Conduct all classes in accordance with an established and current course syllabus and approved textbook (and/or related instructional material). Meet all classes for the scheduled time.
Submit all grades (mid/final) electronically prior to the required deadlines. Provide the Registrar appropriate grade records.
Encourage students to submit course evaluations, review course evaluations when available and use feedback to improve course delivery.
Revise and update course content as needed.
Participate, when appropriate, in the formation and meetings of program advisory boards, college, division, and department committees.
Maintain a high level of professional ethics.
Perform other duties as assigned by the Dean or Associate Dean.
POSITIONS SUPERVISED : None
Posting Specific Questions - supplemental questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a Bachelor’s degree or higher in Engineering,
Manufacturing, or related field?
- * Do you have at least 5 (five) years of relevant experience in
an industrial manufacturing environment, industrial maintenance,
engineering design, manufacturing engineering, or mechanical
- * Do you have teaching/training experience?
- * Do you have familiarity with online classroom management
systems (e.g. Canvas)?
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Transcript 1
- Unofficial Transcript 2
- Curriculum Vitae
- Unofficial Transcript 3
- Other Document
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Adjunct Not specified Part Time jobs in Gages Lake
- Education Adjunct Not specified Part Time jobs in Gages Lake
- Other Education Adjunct Not specified Part Time jobs in Gages Lake
- Professional Fields Adjunct Not specified Part Time jobs in Gages Lake
- Vocational & Technical Fields Adjunct Not specified Part Time jobs in Gages Lake