Native American Graves Protection and Repatriation Act (NAGPRA) Coordinator (Anthropology)
Job Title Native American Graves Protection and Repatriation Act (NAGPRA) Coordinator (Anthropology) Posting Number P1759F
Job Description Summary
The Anthropology Program at Auburn University invites applications for a full-time one-year, renewable, NAGPRA Coordinator position for 2020-2021, starting July 1, 2020.
Responsibilities for this position include implementation of NAGPRA (Native American Graves Protection and Repatriation Act), managing the inventory and curation of NAGPRA collections (osteological and artifactual), establishing and maintaining relationships with tribal communities, serving as the institutional point of contact for inquiries seeking information on Native American ancestral remains and objects falling under NAGPRA, overseeing the disposition of culturally unidentifiable remains and objects, and overseeing the repatriation of culturally identifiable remains and objects.
The ideal candidate will have a Ph.D. in anthropology or a related field at time of the appointment, minimum 2-years of experience with NAGPRA compliance, consultation, and project management, knowledge of human osteology, and knowledge of the archaeology/ethnohistory of the southeastern US (especially Alabama). Outstanding candidates with an M.A. or who are in the final stages of dissertation writing (ABD) at time of the appointment will be considered.
Excellent communication skills.
Eligible to work in the U.S. by the start date.
- Thorough knowledge of NAGPRA law and procedures for compliance.
- Demonstrated ability to initiate projects, manage multiple projects simultaneously and carry them through to completion.
- Prior experience working with diverse groups of stakeholders (i.e. descendant communities, university faculty/staff/students, government staff) and the ability to work collaboratively.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Review of applications will begin June 1, 2020 and continue until position is filled.
Open Date Close Date Open Until Filled Yes References required for this position? Yes If yes, minimum number requested 3 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Public Job Posting (AU faculty positions site)
- Academic Conference
- Agency Referral
- Internal Job Posting
- Personal Referral
- Veterans Assistance Services (Veteran Job Boards, Military Base Services, State Vet Rep, etc.)
- Disability Assistance Services (Disability Job Boards, ABLE Network, Voc-Rehab referral, etc.)
- * Please enter the specifics for the option you selected
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae/Resume
- Other Documentation
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Auburn
- Social & Behavioral Sciences Not specified Full Time jobs in Auburn
- Anthropology & Archaeology Not specified Full Time jobs in Auburn
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Auburn
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Auburn