Duties and Responsibilities
Application Pool Notice
Laredo College continuously accepts applications for part-time
(adjunct) instructors to create a pool of candidates for each
session/semester. Applications will be reviewed and positions will
be filled based on department needs. Applications received for this
pool will remain active for one year.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Provide a safe environment for students; encourage students to use
available support services; encourage group activities and
involvement of classes within Health Sciences as appropriate.
Collaborate with support services to ensure information is shared
and discussed. Prepare a professional development plan in
consultation with the department chair; review the plan on an
on-going basis with the Diagnostic Imaging Program Director or
designated person; work with assigned peer mentor; serve as peer
mentor as requested. Promote the college's programs and
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities
NOTICE: Required Documents
- Ensure instructional quality for the student as assessed by
content mastery and competency-based skills.
- Create, modify, and implement Diagnostic Medical Sonography
- Identify, collaborate, and evaluate clinical sites for student
- Maintain current and unrestricted licensure, level of
expertise, and remain current in discipline changes via
conferences, continuing education units, course work, journals,
- Ensure course syllabi clearly reflect expectations of the
students, including new competencies identified through the
systematic program evaluation.
- Effective written and oral communication with students on all
information pertinent to student business, such as email or website
course requirements, grade determination, testing, other
assignments, and information regarding other departmental
- Compile, administer, and grade course work in a timely manner.
Inform students of course progression and must be able to develop
personalized educational plans to promote student success.
- Maintain security of assigned equipment, classrooms, office,
and all other teaching materials.
- Maintain HIPPA and FERPA standards.
- Provide information and/or data as needed for educational,
funding, and/or accrediting agencies.
- Follow the procedures related to the Registrar's Office such as
grade reports and deadlines; attendance record reports; withdrawal
deadline; class changes; and time and room scheduling.
- Follow Laredo College's course, faculty, and student evaluation
- Follow the proper procedures for requesting textbooks,
instructional supplies, expendable supplies, and travel requests.
Submit travel and absence reports within one week.
- Substitute for colleagues when necessary.
- Prepare, assign, and direct the students in library research
and/or outside assignments.
- Follow the academic calendar as approved by the LC Board of
- Participate in institutional and departmental committees
Southern Association accreditation activities; implement
Institutional Effectiveness plan in occupation area; and program
- Participate in assessment, implementation, and evaluation of
Institutional Effectiveness measures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Completes registration and prepare students for clinical
- Provides clinical instruction, observation, and supervision of
- Performs imaging procedures.
- Supervises, coordinates and evaluates all clinical education
for radiologic technology students in assigned areas.
- Prepares and maintains course outlines and objectives,
instructs and evaluates students, and reports progress
- Participates in the assessment process, when appropriate
- Cooperates with the program director in periodic review and
revision of course materials
- Maintains appropriate expertise and competence through
continuing professional development.
To be considered for this position, you are required to upload your
resume and unofficial transcript(s). In addition, if recommended
for position an official transcript(s) is required. If a license or
certificate is required for this position, upload proof of your
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must have a minimum current Registration of the American
Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography (OB/GYN and/or Abdominal
credential) or from the American Registry of Radiologic
- Two years of clinical and/or a combination of clinical and
teaching experience at a community college.
- American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography or American
Registry of Radiologic Technologist (Sonography).
The faculty demonstrates:
- Pedagogical competency focused on student learning and
- Use of current technology to enhance teaching effectiveness
(Canvas/Microsoft Office is required)
- Professionalism and effective oral and written communication
skills with the public, students, colleagues, and administrators
- Ability to operate specialized simulation and laboratory
- Ability to develop and use various teaching strategies.
- Willingness to work flexible schedules which include: days,
evenings, and weekends, as needed
Students in classroom, lab, and clinical sites.
Diagnostic Imaging Program Director, Allied Health Programs
Director, Dean of Health Sciences/Nursing Programs Director
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly
required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand,
walk, stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift
and/or move items weighing up to 50 pounds. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
Work is performed in a standard office environment. Work-inside a
well-lighted and air-conditioned area most of the time. The noise
level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
Required to work safely and follow safety rules. Report unsafe
working conditions and behavior. Take reasonable and prudent
actions to prevent others from engaging in unsafe practices.
Immediate supervisor may assign other duties. May be required to
work outside regular working hours, as needed. May be required to
work at a different college work site or campus as needed.
In compliance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964,
Executive Order 11246 and Title IX of the Education Amendments of
1972 and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Laredo
College is open to all persons regardless of race, color, religion,
sex, age, marital status, disability, or national origin who are
otherwise eligible for admission as students. Furthermore, Laredo
College is an Equal Opportunity Employer and no applicant or
employee will be discriminated against because of race, color,
religion, sex, age, marital status, disability or national origin.
This institution will not enter knowingly into any contractual
agreement for services or supplies with any firm failing to follow
fair employment practices.
Foreign degrees require an evaluation for United States equivalency
from an approved stated education agency or having membership with
the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES).
Transcripts issued outside the United States of America require a
course-by-course analysis with an equivalency statement from a
certified transcript evaluation service verifying the degree
equivalency to that of an accredited institution within the USA.
This report must be attached to your online application at the time
of applying. For your convenience, we have provided the following
links to assist you in complying with this requirement. However,
you may use any other certified transcript evaluation service.
The above description is an overview of the job. It is not intended
to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities of the
job, nor is it intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills
and abilities required to do the job. Duties and responsibilities
may change with business needs. LC reserves the right to add,
change, amend, or delete portions of this job description at any
time, with or without notice. Employees may be required to perform
other duties as requested, directed, or assigned. In addition,
reasonable accommodations may be made by LC as its discretion to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential