INSTRCL SUPPORT ASSOC
INSTRCL SUPPORT ASSOC
If College Year, Please fill in period of no obligation:
11 MONTH APPOINTMENT
Appointment Start date
Appointment End date
Salary Grade Level
Full Time or Part Time
If Part-Time, fill in %
Search Contact Phone/Extension
Search Contact Email
Search Contact Fax
Job Summary/Basic Function
SUNY Canton seeks an Instructional Designer who will help faculty design and develop online, supplemental, and hybrid courses using a variety of techniques that leverage technology and pedagogy.
Job Requirements & Essential Functions of the Job
The position will assist faculty in including multimedia experiences in their courses that create learning experiences for students that are engaging and impactful. The position will also provide professional development opportunities for faculty on online course development and instructional technologies. Strong verbal communication and customers services skills are a must. The successful candidate will be part of a cross-functional team, relying on strong time and project management skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline – education, instructional media/technology, curriculum design, or related field.
- Experience in course design or curriculum design
- Knowledge of learning theories
- Experience with multimedia and student engagement tools
- A Master’s degree in an appropriate field from an accredited college/university (e.g., instructional design, instructional technology, curriculum development, adult education, technical communications, multi-media development), or a combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and skills are acquired.
- Experience in the development and production of instructional video materials.
- 2-3 years of experience applying instructional design principles to course content
- Experience with universal design and standards of accessibility
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
The screening and selection process is currently underway and will continue until a successful candidate is chosen. Should review of your qualifications result in a decision to pursue your candidacy further, you will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in this position at SUNY Canton.
Based on your responses to the questions on the employment application, you do not meet the minimum required qualifications for this position. Thank you for your interest in this position at SUNY Canton.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Public Job Posting
- Internal Job Posting
- Agency Referral
- Personal Referral
- Insight to Diversity
- North Country Now
- Watertown Daily Times
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Transcripts
- Letter of Recommendation
- Letter of Recommendation 2
- Letter of Recommendation 3
- Media Document (Audio or Visual)
- Link to Web-Based Material (Use for larger files)