Lecturer of Counseling in Educational Settings, Department of Educational Services and Leadership
Lecturer position in Counseling in Educational Settings
College of Education/Department of Educational Services and Leadership
10 Month, Full-time Non-Tenure Track Position
The College of Education has over 3,000 undergraduate and graduate students and was recently recognized as having one of the best online graduate programs in the country. The Department of Educational Services and Leadership is one of four departments within the College of Education. The Department of Educational Services and Leadership houses graduate programs in educational leadership (CPED member), school psychology (NASP approved), and counseling in educational settings (CACREP approved), higher education, and school administration and a post-baccalaureate program in school nursing. The College of Education is fully accredited by the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP) and approved by the New Jersey Department of Education.
The Department of Educational Services and Leadership is accepting applications for a lecturer position for our MA level program in Counseling in Educational Settings. We are especially interested in candidates whose research and teaching explicitly addresses issues of equity, access, and social justice as grounded in theoretical frameworks. The department is seeking a creative and innovative faculty member to play an integral role in our MA level School Counseling program, teaching 4 courses per semester.
This position requires demonstrated scholarly and teaching excellence in counseling in educational settings. Specifically, the department is looking for a faculty member who is dedicated to increasing awareness, sensitivity, and knowledge of practices that will result in equitable educational opportunities for diverse learners. The successful candidate will meet the following qualifications:
- Earned doctorate in Counselor Education from a CACREP approved program
- Department of Education certification as school counselor (any state)
- Ability to demonstrate currency and fluency in best practices in school counseling
- Ability to teach a variety of courses in the counseling curriculum including supervision of field experiences
- Commitment to interactive and field-based work
- Record of professional and service activities, which include working with P-12 schools
- Ability to establish and maintain effective internal and external relationships in dynamic and collaborative environments
- Clear understanding of the social justice issues that face educational leaders and a commitment to equity and the celebration of diversity in a pluralistic society
- Credentialed as a Nationally Certified Counselor, Licensed Professional Counselor
- Record of excellence in teaching at the graduate level
- Experience in developing and delivering educational programs online
- Substantial practitioner experience in school counseling
General Information: Rowan University’s College of Education is committed to building a culturally diverse faculty and especially encourages applications from women and individuals from underrepresented groups in higher education.
Submit a letter of application with a statement of teaching interest that matches one or more areas of instruction or program courses listed above, curriculum vitae, graduate transcripts and names and contact information of three references (at least one of which addresses teaching ability).
Applications must be submitted through our online applicant tracking system at jobs.rowan.edu.
Advertised: Feb 18 2020 Eastern Standard Time
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Glassboro
- Education Not specified Full Time jobs in Glassboro
- Counsellor Education Not specified Full Time jobs in Glassboro
- Education Administration & Leadership Not specified Full Time jobs in Glassboro
- Other Education Not specified Full Time jobs in Glassboro