Dean- Student Development
City Colleges of Chicago (CCC) is made up of seven colleges, the largest community college system in Illinois and one of the largest nationally. We provide more than 80,000 students each year access to a quality, affordable education. CCC supports students in meeting their goals – whether that is pursuit of a credential to head into or advance in the workforce, an associate degree with the intention to transfer to a four-year college, free GED or ESL courses, or continuing education. CCC seeks candidates committed to our students' success and offers a unique opportunity for faculty and staff to have a lasting impact in our students' lives.
The Office of Student Development provides a nurturing, holistic, inclusive, student-centered environment whereby students are supported, are provided opportunities for campus engagement, and are linked to resources for their academic and personal development.
Under the direction of the Vice President, the Dean--Student Development develops, administers, supervises and directs student development programs and services for the college. The Dean demonstrates a commitment to student success, diversity and inclusion, service excellence, innovation and collaboration.
- Directs and supervises the activities, programs, and services to all students including, but not limited to: athletics, student-life and student related activities.
- Provides leadership and supervision to students and staff.
- Develops and monitors budgets for all units under the office of student development.
- Develops strategic plans, goals, and recommendations for student development activities, programs, and services.
- Evaluates assigned staff in accordance with agreed upon deliverables for core goals/objectives; District and campus policies; and collective bargaining agreements.
- Resolves problems and complaints involving students and staff.
- Provides strategic oversight of student conduct policies, procedures, and hearings.
- Collaborates with the academic affairs team to develop co-curricular pursuits for students.
- Serves as an internal resource to the college on matters related to student engagement, development, and retention.
- Collaborates with the Director of Enrollment on enrollment strategies.
- Plans, coordinates, oversees, and assesses Daley College's first-year student experience.
- Ensures outcomes of student development are aligned with the standards put forth by the Council for the Advancement of Standards in Higher Education (CAS).
- Develops student learning outcomes for co-curricular activities and student developmental milestones.
- Serves as the liaison for District Office on student retention, wellness, and student engagement.
- Collaborates with all departments and divisions of the college in a student development matters.
- Maintains current knowledge of federal and state laws in higher education.
- A Master's Degree from an accredited college or university in Education, Administration/Management, a Social Science discipline or related area. Doctorate Degree preferred. Five years of administrative and supervisory experience.
- Active participation in or familiarity with higher education accreditation procedures, articulation process and program review.
- Knowledge of activities that focus on assessment of student learning and development.
- Knowledge of state and federal regulations in higher education.
- Demonstrated commitment to creating an environment of diversity and inclusion.
- Experience working in a unionized setting, especially in higher education.
- Demonstrated ability to lead strategic planning activities.
- Demonstrated experience in program development.
- Experience in multiple areas of student development.
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.
- Knowledge of state and federal regulations governing student confidentiality and other student related issues.
Chicago residency is required for all full-time employees within six (6) months of hire.
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Thank you for your interest in City Colleges of Chicago!
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Deans Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Academic Advising & Academic Support Services Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Minority & Multicultural Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago