Adjunct Instructor: American Sign Language, Xavier University AR9998
Xavier University, located in Cincinnati, Ohio, is currently accepting applications for an Adjunct Instructor of American Sign Language housed within the Classics and Modern Languages Department.
Minimum qualifications: Minimum qualifications to teach ASL at Xavier University include a Masters in ASL, Deaf Studies, Linguistics, Sign Interpretation, or a closely related field. Previous language instruction at the college level strongly preferred. Formal training in second language acquisition or teaching methods strongly preferred. Master's degree in another field plus ability to demonstrate sustained professional use of the language considered. All candidates must demonstrate native- or near-native level proficiency. Candidates should also demonstrate experience with, and knowledge of, the Deaf culture.
Contracts for adjunct faculty members are issued on a semester basis.
- Effective, engaged learner-centered instruction in an inclusive classroom environment.
- Effective planning and preparation of classes to support student success.
- Administration of appropriate course assessments designed adequately to measure student’s learning in connection with Xavier’s Core Curriculum.
- Use of Xavier’s campus-wide Content Management System, Canvas, to provide course information and maintain an electronic record of student progress.
- Working cooperatively with members of the ASL language section, faculty in the Classics and Modern Languages department, the Director of Deaf Studies, and the Department Chair within the College of Arts and Sciences.
Interested candidates must submit a cover letter, resume and the names and contact info of three professional references via Xavier University's website. For additional information, please contact Michele Bailes, Director of Deaf Studies at firstname.lastname@example.org .
XAVIER UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Part Time jobs in Cincinnati
- Health & Medicine Not specified Part Time jobs in Cincinnati
- Speech & Hearing Sciences Not specified Part Time jobs in Cincinnati
- Humanities Not specified Part Time jobs in Cincinnati
- English as a Second Language Not specified Part Time jobs in Cincinnati