Adjunct Instructor of Comparative Effectiveness Research / Analytics
Xavier University, Cincinnati, OH, is currently accepting applications for an Adjunct Instructor of Comparative Effectiveness Research / Analytics to begin in Fall of 2020. This position will include the instruction of three courses during the fall, spring, and summer semesters. The courses are part of the highly ranked master’s of science in health economics and clinical outcomes research (HECOR) program.
Candidates will be expected to teach courses covering descriptive statistics, probability distributions, sampling distributions, inferences, hypothesis testing, simple linear regression and multiple regression analysis from the perspective of healthcare delivery. The courses are taught asynchronously in an online format. As such, there are no set meeting times each week. Students are expected to spend 10-12 hours per week interacting with the course material, including readings, recorded lectures, online discussions, and assignments.
Minimum Qualifications: Candidates must have a master’s degree in outcomes research, statistics, epidemiology or closely related field with a minimum of five years of relevant work experience.
Contracts for adjunct faculty members are issued on a semester basis. The subsequent courses in spring and summer semester will be available to the applicant who demonstrates successful teaching in the fall semester.
- Deliver learner-centered instruction in an online environment.
- Effectively plan and prepare course to support student success.
- Use Xavier’s campus-wide CMS, Canvas, to provide instruction and maintain an electronic record of student progress.
- Administer appropriate course assessments designed adequately to assess student’s learning in connection with program’s curriculum.
- Work cooperatively with members of the Health Services Administration faculty, the HECOR program coordinator, and Department Chair.
Interested candidates must apply on Xavier’s University website with cover letter, resume and three professional references. For additional information, please contact Peter Mallow, MS-HECOR Program Director, firstname.lastname@example.org .
Xavier University is an Equal Opportunity Employer