Part Time Faculty Interest Pool - Emergency Medical
Allied Health - Emergency Medical Services
Cascade Campus - 705 N. Killingsworth St, Portland, OR
Portland Community College is accepting applications to be
considered for Part-Time Faculty assignments in the Emergency
Medical Services Department at the Cascade Campus.
Department will review applications in this pool as the need arises
for new part-time faculty in this area.
This is NOT an announcement of a specific open position,
but a Part-time Faculty Interest Pool, from which the department
will identify applicants based on course assignment needs during
the Academic Year.
Learn more about our program here https://www.pcc.edu/programs/emergency-medical/
Please also review the PCC Course Catalog
for this subject area. As
part of this application, you will be asked to list the current PCC
courses which you would be able to teach.
If this sounds like a learning community that you would like to be
a part of, and an important role that you would like to play at
PCC, please complete your application today to be considered.
- Currently licensed Oregon Paramedic, or higher, in good
standing with OHA EMS&TS
- Three years experience at the paramedic level or higher
- AHA BLS Instructor Certified or equivalent
- ACLS Instructor Certified
- BTLS or PHTLS Instructor Certified
- At least one of the following:
- NFPA Instructor 1
- DPSST Fire Service Instructor I and II
- NAEMSE EMT Instructor
- 40 hours of the Instructor Development Program offered by the
- Transcripted 3 credit adult learning theory, or equivalent
- Participating in Course Director Updates offered by OHA
- Transcripted evidence of math competency equivalent to college
algebra, or higher
- AAS Degree or higher in Emergency Medical Services, Fire
Protection/Administration, Emergency TeleCommunicator Emergency
Management, Nursing, or Allied Health OR Bachelor’s Degree or
For course-specific requirements, please see the
Emergency Medical Services Instructor Qualifications
- Demonstrated teaching and/or training experience
- Familiar with simulation in EMS field
- Current licensure as a paramedic, AEMT or EMT (with or without
- Familiar with on-line courses, or with teaching on-line or
- Demonstrated experience working with highly diverse
Note Regarding Academic Credentials:
- Official transcripts are required to be submitted within 2
weeks of offer date for degrees required in the stated Instructor
- Instructors shall have earned required academic credentials at
a regionally accredited US institution or a foreign institution
having the equivalent of regional accreditation. Instructors with
credentials from other countries will have their transcripts
evaluated by agencies that have good standing with the National
Association of Credential Evaluation Services to establish
fulfillment of this standard. (for more information see http://www.pcc.edu/hr/employment/faculty-information.html
- For more information on PCC's General Instructor Qualifications
Policy I301 visit:
These positions are included in the bargaining agreement between
Portland Community College and the Portland Community College
Faculty Federation Employees.
See the PCC Instructor Qualifications webpage
Part-Time Faculty Compensation
2019/2020 Hourly Rates:
- Lecture $61.15/hour
- Lab $45.25/hour
- Lecture/Lab $49.23/hour
Note: All newly hired Part-time Faculty will start at Step 1
View the current PCC Part-time Faculty Pay Schedule
PCC offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide
employees and their families, including domestic partners, with
access to a broad range of benefit options. Includes Health,
Dental, and Vision options, Group Life, Long-term Disability,
Long-term Care, and Auto and Home Insurance programs. Benefits are
pro-rated for part-time employees.
Part-time faculty health insurance eligibility is based on workload
during the previous academic year. Once eligible, available
insurance plans include Health, Dental, and Vision options, as well
as Long-term Care.
PCC currently fully funds the Oregon Public Employees Retirement
System (PERS/OPSRP) pension and contributes an additional 6% into
the employee's Individual Account Program under PERS/OPSRP.
Part-time faculty may be eligible for PERS/OPSRP if they meet the
requirement of six months of employment and are working 600 hours
or more per year. PCC offers a tax deferred annuity program and a
deferred compensation program where employees may save additional
pre-tax dollars for retirement.
Additionally, PCC provides a tuition waiver for you, your
spouse/domestic partner, and children under 24 years of age, as
well as tuition reimbursement for full-time employees at other
- 2 hours sick leave per pay period, up to 32 hours per year; a
maximum of 8 hours of accrued sick leave per academic year may be
used for personal reasons.
View a complete list of PCC benefits
Background Check Required
Portland Community College complies with the Oregon Veterans'
Preference in Public Employment law which provides qualifying
veterans and disabled veterans with preference in employment.
You will be given instructions during the application process
to claim Veterans' Preference in the recruitment of this position,
and to provide the documents required for verification of
Please do not send your documentation to the hiring manager
For verification of eligibility, please submit the following
Portland Community College is committed to hiring and retaining
a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making
decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or any
other protected class.
- Veterans: DD214
- Disabled Veterans: DD214 and Letter from the Department