Security Officer - Part time (Sat & Sun 7 AM - 3 PM)
For full consideration, your application must include a copy of your PA Act 235 certification
Job Summary: Officers are the college's first responders for emergencies and are responsible for patrolling and inspecting the assigned campus and providing safety and security to all students, staff, faulty and visitors as necessary. Additional responsibilities include conducting investigations, enforcing conduct regulations and completing appropriate safety and security documents as required. Travel to other campuses may be required.
Shift/Days Expected to Work for: Saturday and Sunday, 7 a.m. - 3 p.m.
Minimum Qualifications: H.S. Diploma or equivalent and 1-year experience.
Preferred Qualification: Available for additional 12 (flexible) hours Monday - Friday beyond required Saturday and Sunday (7 a.m. - 3 p.m.) hours.
PA Act 235 Lethal Weapons with Firearm (A copy must be provided with application)
CPR & AED
Valid Driver's License
Clean Criminal History Background (No Misdemeanor/Felony Convictions)
The Equipment You'll Need:
It is HACC’s expectation that candidates selected for this role will provide their own technology equipment while working remotely.
- Your own computer (Windows, Linux, or Macintosh desktop or laptop) with current web browser installed (Firefox, Edge, Safari, Chrome) https://www.whatismybrowser.com/guides/the-latest-version/
- Access to broadband internet connection at all times during employment (DSL, 4G/LTE, FIOS, Satellite, or Cable/Xfinity/Comcast https://www.speedtest.net/
- Equipment/technology which enables you to communicate synchronously during meetings and other events, such as USB Headset, speaker and microphone, captioning services, adaptive technology, assistive devices, etc.
If you are not able to meet the equipment requirements listed above and are selected for the role, you can request a special accommodation. Our ability to grant your request will be based on documented need and inventory availability.
Hiring Range: $14.19 – $17.74
Job Specific Task List:
- Patrols college campus, conducts safety checks of emergency doors & lighting as well as fire extinguishers. Inspects interior and exterior of buildings for obvious signs of damage, break-in or unusual activity; monitors surveillance cameras and responds to calls for service from students, faculty and visitors. - (Essential)
- Officers are first responders and will respond to calls for policy enforcement, medical emergencies and local, state, federal law violations while also coordinating with outside agencies for assistance as needed. Officers will also respond to calls for escort, assistance and other service calls as requested while determining need for further action, including running to respond to an emergency; defense against or restraint of an assailant; and assisting or dragging someone to safety. - (Essential)
- Conducts armed money escorts as requested to transport college assets. - (Essential)
- Enforces parking and traffic violations; provides traffic assistance and control. - (Essential)
- Conducts preliminary investigations of suspicious or criminal activity; gathers information and determines next steps to be taken. - (Essential)
- Provides security for special events; enforces policies and regulations concerning traffic, crowds and college equipment and grounds. - (Essential)
- Performs administrative support activities such as completing incident reports, relaying communications and researching information. - (Essential)
- Bears and will use firearms as a last resort to protect him/herself and others from death and/or serious bodily injury. - (Essential)
- Attends all required training sessions. - (Essential)
- In the absence of a supervisory officer, it may provide day-to-day guidance to other security officers. - (Essential)
- Travel to other campuses may be required. - (Essential)
- Performs other duties as assigned. - (Standard)
Job Type: Part-Time (less than 1,000 hours)
If part-time, hours per week: Up to 28 hours/week
About Us: www.hacc.edu
Our Purpose: Learning for all; learning for life.
Our Diversity Statement: As an institution of higher education, HACC recognizes its responsibility to maintain an environment that affirms the diversity of people and ideas.
HACC embraces, supports, and actively pursues a policy of inclusiveness that reflects and appreciates the diversity of the community it serves and the world in which we live.
The Board of Trustees and the President lead HACC’s commitment to open access to education, diversity, cultural sensitivity, and equal opportunity in employment. This commitment serves to promote a college-wide environment of collegiality, inclusiveness, respect, and cultural competence.
Our Core Values:
- We set high goals and achieve them.
- We consistently perform above our own and others’ expectations.
- We provide exceptional service to all.
- We challenge the status quo.
- We continually strive to develop new and creative approaches to the education and training needs of our communities.
- We promote respect, collegiality, diversity and empathy in all we say and do.
- We nurture awareness and cultural sensitivity to create a climate of trust.
- We create a learning environment that appreciates diversity.
- We respect the shared governance decision-making process.
- We behave in a manner consistent with our core values.
- We are honest, open and truthful in our statements and actions.
- We provide the most accurate information available in all communication.
Advertised: Jan 15, 2021 Eastern Standard Time
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Part Time jobs in Harrisburg
- Professional Fields Not specified Part Time jobs in Harrisburg
- Security Studies Not specified Part Time jobs in Harrisburg
- Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in Harrisburg
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Part Time jobs in Harrisburg