Benign Hematology Clinician Educator
Employees hired into Administrative and Professional positions posted on or after July 1, 2017, will be governed by and, if employed on July 1, 2018 will move into the new University Human Resources System. For additional information, go to http://greatplace.vcu.edu.
Position Number F65460 Position Type Teaching and Research Faculty Rank Open Working Title Benign Hematology Clinician Educator School/Unit School of Medicine Department Internal Medicine Number of Months 12 Tenure Status Non-Tenure Eligible Grant funded position? No
Mission or Goal of Unit
Pursue the research, clinical, and education missions of the academic medical center in the areas of Hematology, Oncology, and Palliative Care. Through bench research, clinical trials and the rigorous study of prevention and control, our scientists pursue the many roles of medicine in treating, preventing and controlling the adverse effects of cancer. Our hallmark activity is translational research, where our physicians and scientists work to bring laboratory discoveries to the patient bedside as quickly and safely as possible. Through our training programs, our faculty train the next generation of scientists and physicians to further advance science and practice.
Chief purpose of this position in support of above mission or goal
The VCU School of Medicine Division of Hematology, Oncology and Palliative Care and Massey Cancer Center are seeking a Clinician Educator with a clinical focus in benign hematology to practice at our flagship location. This position will have a role in advancing the clinical mission and will be expected to work collaboratively with other members of the Department, School of Medicine, and Massey Cancer Center. The Central Virginia Center for Coagulation Disorders ( CVCCD ) is a comprehensive pediatric and adult program for patients with inherited bleeding and clotting disorders and their families. As the only federally designated lifespan hemophilia treatment center in Virginia, our center provides a full range of services, including diagnosis, treatment, counseling and education. Located on the VCU Medical Center Campus in Richmond, VA, CVCCD serves as a regional referral center for the commonwealth.
• Train medical students, residents and fellows while in the clinic
• Actively participate in providing clinical research opportunities to fellows
• Participate and engage other members of the Massey Cancer Center and the Department of Internal Medicine in collaborative research projects
• Stay up-to-date on the clinical trial menu offered through the Massey Cancer Center and School of Medicine and educates patients on their options for treatment on clinical trials
See patients in the outpatient clinic 4 days per week and attend the hematology wards/consult service 14 weeks per year
• Board Certified or Board Eligible in Hematology
• Eligible for Virginia licensure
• Clear evidence of accomplishment/potential (e.g., publications) during medical school, residency, fellowship, and/or early academic career
• Demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse faculty, staff, and student environment or commitment to do so as a faculty member at VCU
Seasoned hematology specialist who possesses national and/or international recognition in the clinical and research disciplines of Hematology.
Date Posted 01/08/2020 Open Until Filled Yes Application Deadline Date Proposed Hire Date 07/01/2020 Type of Search National Application Process/Additional Information
Interested candidates should apply online at https://www.vcujobs.com.
For additional information, please contact:
Steven Grossman, M.D., Ph.D.
Chair, Division of Hematology, Oncology, and Palliative Care
Posted Salary Quick Link https://www.vcujobs.com/postings/96364 Diversity Statement Information Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you Board Certified or Board Eligible in Hematology?
- Are you a seasoned Hematology specialist who possesses national
and/or international recognition in the clinical and research
disciplines of Hematology?
- * Do you have clear evidence of accomplishment/potential (e.g.
- publications) during medical school, residency, fellowship and/or
early academic career?
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Other Document
- Reference Letter - 1
- Reference Letter - 2
- Reference Letter - 3