Employees hired into Administrative and Professional positions posted on or after July 1, 2017, will be governed by and, if employed on July 1, 2018 will move into the new University Human Resources System. For additional information, go to http://greatplace.vcu.edu.
Position Number G53480 Position Type Teaching and Research Faculty Rank Assistant Professor Working Title Rheumatologist School/Unit School of Medicine Department Internal Medicine Number of Months 12 Tenure Status Non-Tenure Eligible Grant funded position? No
Mission or Goal of Unit
The Division is dedicated to the pursuit of excellence in teaching, research, and clinical care in the fields of Rheumatology, Allergy and Immunology. We do so by providing superior, compassionate and innovative clinical care to our patients and to conduct and disseminate clinical, research and scholarship, with a focus on the care of patients and education of future clinicians.
Chief purpose of this position in support of above mission or goal
We are seeking a Clinician Educator (Rheumatologist) for a faculty position within the Division of Rheumatology, Allergy and Immunology at Virginia Commonwealth University. The ideal candidate must be able to develop an academic career focused primarily on patient care, but also involving teaching and clinical research as well as participation in our ACGME -accredited program in Rheumatology.
• Be actively involved in the education and training of the Rheumatology fellows
• Provide teaching service to learners, including medical students, interns and residents
• Use contemporary adult learning methods to promote evidence-based practice
• Demonstrate effective teaching skills and continually develop as a teacher for learners at all levels
• Complete required evaluations of learners in a timely manner – including but not limited to written and verbal feedback
• Participate in other learning activities such as foundations of clinical medicine, morning report, core conference, and other formal educational programs for undergraduate and post-graduate learners.
• Provide exemplary care in the area of Rheumatology in outpatient ambulatory clinics and on consult services
• Participate in divisional and institutional committees as needed
• Board certified or Board Eligible in Rheumatology and in Internal Medicine
• Demonstrated both scholarly and clinical abilities through patient care, teaching and clinical research
• Demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse faculty, staff and student environment or commitment to do so as a faculty member at VCU
Date Posted 01/09/2020 Open Until Filled Yes Application Deadline Date Proposed Hire Date 07/01/2020 Type of Search National Application Process/Additional Information
Interested candidates should apply online at https://www.vcujobs.com.
For additional information, please contact:
Shannon Sekerak, Division Administrator
Posted Salary Quick Link https://www.vcujobs.com/postings/96382 Diversity Statement Information Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you board certified or eligible in Rheumatology and in
- * Do you have demonstrated both scholarly and clinical
abilities through patient care, teaching and clinical research?
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Other Document
- Reference Letter - 1
- Reference Letter - 2
- Reference Letter - 3