Medical Director - Transplant Hepatologist
Employees hired into Administrative and Professional positions posted on or after July 1, 2017, will be governed by and, if employed on July 1, 2018 will move into the new University Human Resources System. For additional information, go to http://greatplace.vcu.edu.
Position Number F09690 Position Type Teaching and Research Faculty Rank Open Working Title Medical Director - Transplant Hepatologist School/Unit School of Medicine Department Internal Medicine Number of Months 12 Tenure Status Non-Tenure Eligible Grant funded position? No
Mission or Goal of Unit
To provide superior, compassionate and innovative clinical care to our patients using state of the art knowledge and resources and to conduct and disseminate clinical research and scholarship, with a focus on the care of the patients and education of future clinicians.
Chief purpose of this position in support of above mission or goal
This position will provide leadership in the area of Transplant Hepatology as well as assume a clinician role. The Medical Director will be responsible for the ongoing development and growth of Hume-Lee Transplant’s liver transplant program in collaboration with Transplant Center and hospital leadership, including other Transplant Center Medical and Surgical Directors.
Time and effort dedicated to the teaching of medical students, graduate students, allied health students, residents, fellows, nursing personnel and colleagues. Responsible for the preparation of instructional materials, evaluative materials and maintenance of professional school through continuing education.
Overall operations of the Transplant Hepatology service. Responsible in collaboration with the surgical transplant chair, Division and Department Chairs for the development and implementation of plans for growth in Transplant Hepatology.
Responsible for all aspects of the operation of the Transplant Hepatology. Will see inpatients and outpatients with various chronic liver disorders.
Medical Director of Transplant Hepatology (0.5 FTE )
By providing clinical input and physician leadership, the Medical Director of the Transplant Hepatology at VCU Health will work with the liver transplant team to establish an environment in which high quality patient care services are delivered in a safe and efficient manner.
- Board certified in Internal Medicine.
- Board certified in Hepatology with a focus in Transplant.
- Ability to qualify as OPTN -designated Liver Transplant Program hepatologist.
- Current license to practice medicine in the Commonwealth of Virginia.
- Must meet requirements of UNOS for program director.
- Demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse faculty, staff, and student environment or commitment to do so as a faculty member at VCU .
- Completion of transplant fellowship.
- Transplant hepatology certification preferred, with specific expertise in the treatment and management of liver transplant patients, with emphasis in evaluation and post-transplant care.
Date Posted 11/20/2019 Open Until Filled Yes Application Deadline Date Proposed Hire Date 04/01/2020 Type of Search National Application Process/Additional Information
Interested candidates should apply online at https://www.vcujobs.com.
For additional information, please contact Lori Horton, Division Administrator | Lori.Horton@vcuhealth.org.
Posted Salary Quick Link https://www.vcujobs.com/postings/95491 Diversity Statement Information Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you Board Certified in Internal Medicine?
- * Are you Board Certified in Hepatology with a focus in
- * Do you have Transplant Hepatology certification, with
specific expertise in the treatment and management of liver
transplant patients, with emphasis in evaluation and
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Other Document
- Reference Letter - 1
- Reference Letter - 2
- Reference Letter - 3