Employees hired into Administrative and Professional positions
posted on or after July 1, 2017, will be governed by and, if
employed on July 1, 2018 will move into the new University Human
Resources System. For additional information, go to
Is this employee on a H1B Visa?
Teaching and Research Faculty
Heart Failure and Transplant Cardiologist
School of Medicine
Number of Months
Grant funded position?
Mission or Goal of Unit
At VCU Health Pauley Heart Center, our world-class team takes your
heart health personally. Building on our history of innovation in
patient care, scientific discovery, diversity and collaboration we
improve cardiovascular care for all, while continuously training
the next generation of doctors.
Chief purpose of this position in support of above mission or
We are seeking a BC/BE heart failure & transplant Cardiologist
to fill a full-time, non-tenured faculty position that will provide
non-invasive Cardiology clinical care as well as support the
academic mission of the Division of Cardiology in the areas of
research and education. The successful candidate will join an
established group of physicians and surgeons in one of the top
Heart Centers in the United States. We are dedicated to building a
preeminent program for academic discovery and are committed to
excellent clinical care for our patients.
• Support teaching directly via interactions with Fellows,
Housestaff and non-physician professionals.
• Will be expected to periodically present appropriate reviews in
patient management discussions at Cardiology and Department of
Internal Medicine conferences.
• Will be expected to participate in University Continuing Medical
Education programs for practicing physicians which is important to
enhancing patient referrals.
• Will be expected to participate in teaching and Fellowship
Support clinical research protocols as needed with 50% of effort
dedicated to pursuing extramural funding through an NIH K or R
Will be expected to participate in quality, safety and efficiency
initiatives, contributing 50% effort towards clinic, inpatient and
consult services coverage.
Will primarily be dedicated to the outpatient, inpatient and
5. Other (e.g., administrative, etc.)
• Submit billing and document care as required by the
• Abide by all medical staff requirements.
• BC/BE heart failure & transplant cardiologist with
demonstrated skills in cardiovascular disease, MCS and heart
• Possess sufficient research and teaching experience to be
eligible for academic appointment and be clinically oriented.
• Ability to communicate effectively and work with a large
• Eligible for medical licensure in State of Virginia.
• Demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse
faculty, staff, and student environment or commitment to do so as a
faculty member at VCU .
Open Until Filled
Application Deadline Date
Proposed Hire Date
Type of Search
Application Process/Additional Information
Candidates must apply online at https://www.vcujobs.com and include
a cover letter, current CV with bibliography, and list of
references with full contact information.
For additional information, please contact Clare Greene, Division
Administrator | Clare.Greene@vcuhealth.org.
Diversity Statement Information
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you a BC/BE Heart Failure and Transplant Cardiologist?
- * Do you have demonstrated skills in Cardiovascular Disease,
MCS and Heart Transplantation?
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Other Document
- Reference Letter - 1
- Reference Letter - 2
- Reference Letter - 3