Heart Failure and Transplant Cardiologist
Employees hired into Administrative and Professional positions posted on or after July 1, 2017, will be governed by and, if employed on July 1, 2018 will move into the new University Human Resources System. For additional information, go to http://greatplace.vcu.edu.
Position Number F65290 Position Type Teaching and Research Faculty Rank Open Working Title Heart Failure and Transplant Cardiologist School/Unit School of Medicine Department Internal Medicine Number of Months 12 Tenure Status Non-Tenure Eligible Grant funded position? No
Mission or Goal of Unit
At VCU Health Pauley Heart Center, our world-class team takes your heart health personally. Building on our history of innovation in patient care, scientific discovery, diversity and collaboration we improve cardiovascular care for all, while continuously training the next generation of doctors.
Chief purpose of this position in support of above mission or goal
We are seeking a BC/BE heart failure & transplant Cardiologist to fill a full-time, non-tenured faculty position that will provide non-invasive Cardiology clinical care as well as support the academic mission of the Division of Cardiology in the areas of research and education. The successful candidate will join an established group of physicians and surgeons in one of the top Heart Centers in the United States. We are dedicated to building a preeminent program for academic discovery and are committed to excellent clinical care for our patients.
• Support teaching directly via interactions with Fellows, Housestaff and non-physician professionals.
• Will be expected to periodically present appropriate reviews in patient management discussions at Cardiology and Department of Internal Medicine conferences.
• Will be expected to participate in University Continuing Medical Education programs for practicing physicians which is important to enhancing patient referrals.
• Will be expected to participate in teaching and Fellowship programs.
Support clinical research protocols as needed with 50% of effort dedicated to pursuing extramural funding through an NIH K or R award mechanism.
Will be expected to participate in quality, safety and efficiency initiatives, contributing 50% effort towards clinic, inpatient and consult services coverage.
Will primarily be dedicated to the outpatient, inpatient and consultative services.
5. Other (e.g., administrative, etc.)
• Submit billing and document care as required by the organization.
• Abide by all medical staff requirements.
• BC/BE heart failure & transplant cardiologist with demonstrated skills in cardiovascular disease, MCS and heart transplantation.
• Possess sufficient research and teaching experience to be eligible for academic appointment and be clinically oriented.
• Ability to communicate effectively and work with a large multidisciplinary program.
• Eligible for medical licensure in State of Virginia.
• Demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse faculty, staff, and student environment or commitment to do so as a faculty member at VCU .
Date Posted 12/12/2019 Open Until Filled Yes Application Deadline Date Proposed Hire Date 07/01/2020 Type of Search National Application Process/Additional Information
Candidates must apply online at https://www.vcujobs.com and include a cover letter, current CV with bibliography, and list of references with full contact information.
For additional information, please contact Clare Greene, Division Administrator | Clare.Greene@vcuhealth.org.
Posted Salary Quick Link https://www.vcujobs.com/postings/95978 Diversity Statement Information Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you a BC/BE Heart Failure and Transplant Cardiologist?
- * Do you have demonstrated skills in Cardiovascular Disease,
MCS and Heart Transplantation?
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Other Document
- Reference Letter - 1
- Reference Letter - 2
- Reference Letter - 3