Employees hired into Administrative and Professional positions posted on or after July 1, 2017, will be governed by and, if employed on July 1, 2018 will move into the new University Human Resources System. For additional information, go to http://greatplace.vcu.edu.
Position Number F60640 Position Type Teaching and Research Faculty Rank Assistant Professor Working Title Gyn Oncologist School/Unit School of Medicine Department Ob/Gyn Number of Months 12 Tenure Status Non-Tenure Eligible Grant funded position? No
Mission or Goal of Unit
The mission of the Obstetrics and Gynecology Department is to provide the highest quality clinical care in both general and specialty obstetrics and gynecology to the women of central Virginia. In addition to the clinical mission, the department has the allied goals of providing undergraduate and graduate medical education in the field, and advancing the field through basic and clinical research.
Chief purpose of this position in support of above mission or goal
This position is designed to provide specialty care in gynecologic oncology, including surgery, in and outpatient consultation, chemotherapy, and in and outpatient management of women with gynecologic cancers. The position will include participation in student and resident education. The position also includes participating in the department’s clinical research activities.
The position includes active involvement in student and resident teaching in gynecologic oncology.
The person filling the position is encouraged to initiate clinical research projects. They are expected to participate in and facilitate other department research.
The faculty member will serve on departmental, hospital and/or university committees as necessary, as well as in a professional capacity in their field. The gynecologic oncology specialist will be assigned to committees at the discretion of the section chief and department chair.
Full participation in the clinical activities of the gynecologic oncology section is expected. Clinical activities are to be determined by the gynecologic oncology section chief but are expected to include a combination of clinic, inpatient care, and operating room. Outpatient responsibilities may be at VCU Medical Center or off-site at the discretion of the chair and section chief.
• Demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse faculty, staff, and student environment or commitment to do so as a faculty member at VCU
• Completion of training in General OB/ GYN and Gynecologic Oncology equivalent to ACGME and ABOG accredited programs
• Medical license in Virginia
• Certification by the American Board of OB/ GYN in General OB/ GYN and Gynecologic Oncology; candidates who completed their fellowship recently enough that they are not yet eligible to sit for the exam will considered with the expectation that they take the certification exams at the earliest opportunity
• Preference will be given to individuals with demonstrated talent and experience in teaching as well as a commitment to research and patient care
Date Posted 01/14/2020 Open Until Filled Yes Application Deadline Date Proposed Hire Date 08/01/2020 Type of Search National Application Process/Additional Information
Interested candidates should apply online at https://www.vcujobs.com
For additional information, please contact:
Dr. Stephanie Sullivan
Search Committee Chair
Department of Ob/Gyn
Posted Salary Quick Link https://www.vcujobs.com/postings/96519 Diversity Statement Information Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Other Document