Adjunct Faculty - Dental Hygiene (clinical teaching)
Job Code/Title Position Number J00001 Working Title Adjunct Faculty - Dental Hygiene (clinical teaching) Department General Practice Organizational Overview
At VCU, we Make it Real through learning, research, creativity, service and discovery — the hallmarks of the VCU experience. A premier, urban, public research university nationally recognized as one of the best employers for diversity, VCU is a great place to work. It’s a place of opportunity, where your success is supported and your career can thrive. VCU offers employees a generous leave package, career paths for advancement, competitive pay, and an opportunity to do mission-driven work.
Recruitment Pool All Applicants Anticipated Hiring Range Commensurate Campus MCV Campus Position Type Adjunct - Teaching Hours/Week Normal work days Varies Normal work hours Job Category Adjunct - Teaching Does this position provide patient or clinical services to the VCU Health System? No Does this position require a pre-placement medical assessment? No Is any portion of this position grant-funded? No Sensitive Position Yes- A pre-employment fingerprint background check will be required. Resource Critical Yes Description of the Job
The VCU School of Dentistry is seeking to fill multiple Adjunct Faculty positions for the Dental Hygiene program to supervise dental hygiene students. The purpose of these positions is to assist dental hygiene students in developing the knowledge and skills to provide oral health care to a diverse patient population.
Adjunct clinical instructors are responsible to arrive early for clinic sessions as well as attend faculty meetings and required training as requested. Adjunct clinical instructors must demonstrate and model the expertise expected of a dental hygiene professional.
*A pool of applicants is being established to be drawn upon to provide special expertise when needed, and/or to meet special programmatic needs not otherwise provided within the department.
- Graduate of a program accredited by the Commission on Dental Accreditation
- Current dental hygiene license
- 1 year minimum of clinical experience as a hygienist
- Current CPR card
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in dental hygiene
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Prior teaching experience
Job Open Date 03/24/2020 Remove from posting on or before 06/24/2019 Open Until Filled Yes Special Instructions to Applicants Additional Information Quick Link http://www.vcujobs.com/postings/98354 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Are you a current VCU employee?
Required Documents Optional Documents
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Other Document
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Adjunct Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Health & Medicine Adjunct Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Dentistry Adjunct Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Medicine Adjunct Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Other Health & Medicine Adjunct Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond