Adjunct Faculty - General Practice
Job Code/Title Position Number J00001 Working Title Adjunct Faculty - General Practice Department General Practice Organizational Overview
At VCU, we Make it Real through learning, research, creativity, service and discovery — the hallmarks of the VCU experience. A premier, urban, public research university nationally recognized as one of the best employers for diversity, VCU is a great place to work. It’s a place of opportunity, where your success is supported and your career can thrive. VCU offers employees a generous leave package, career paths for advancement, competitive pay, and an opportunity to do mission-driven work.
Recruitment Pool All Applicants Anticipated Hiring Range Commensurate Campus MCV Campus Position Type Adjunct - Teaching Hours/Week Normal work days Normal work hours Job Category Adjunct - Teaching Does this position provide patient or clinical services to the VCU Health System? No Does this position require a pre-placement medical assessment? No Is any portion of this position grant-funded? No Sensitive Position Yes- A pre-employment fingerprint background check will be required. Resource Critical Yes Description of the Job
This position will provide both clinical and instructional guidance to our students.
Clinical Instructor duties include:
- Provide clinical instruction to undergraduate students in a manner that is professional as well as builds rapport and confidence.
- Provide educational direction to students that guides them to integrate multiple dental disciplines into an individualized, comprehensive and sequenced dental treatment plan.
- Meet all designated course instruction guidelines.
- Provide didactic and technical mentorship to students in the clinic and/or labs.
Teaching duties include:
- Aid the course director in setting up and grading practical exams.
- Assist students in skill development in basic concepts of occulsion, waxing and using high and low speed hand pieces.
- Demonstrate and manipulate different dental materials and instruments to restore teeth to its proper form and function.
- Reinforce proper ergonomics, infection control and professionalism as well as encourage students in self-assessments of their work.
*A pool of applicants is being established to be drawn upon to provide special expertise when needed, and/or to meet special programmatic needs not otherwise provided within the department.
- DDS or DMD degree
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Current CPR / BLS certification
- VA Dental License
Job Open Date 03/30/2020 Remove from posting on or before Open Until Filled Yes Special Instructions to Applicants Additional Information Quick Link https://www.vcujobs.com/postings/98453 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Are you a current VCU employee?
Required Documents Optional Documents
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Adjunct Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Health & Medicine Adjunct Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Dentistry Adjunct Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Medicine Adjunct Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Other Health & Medicine Adjunct Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond