Employees hired into Administrative and Professional positions posted on or after July 1, 2017, will be governed by and, if employed on July 1, 2018 will move into the new University Human Resources System. For additional information, go to http://greatplace.vcu.edu.
Position Number F54490 Is this employee on a H1B Visa? Position Type Teaching and Research Faculty Rank Open Working Title Pediatric Radiologist School/Unit School of Medicine Department Radiology Number of Months 12 Tenure Status Non-Tenure Eligible Grant funded position? No
Mission or Goal of Unit
The mission of the Department of Radiology is to create a world-class department by providing optimal care in a patient centered environment, providing sub-specialty expertise, providing top quality imaging and therapeutic procedures, and to advance medical education and research, with a vision to create a department that is recognized as top tier nationally and internationally.
Chief purpose of this position in support of above mission or goal
We are seeking to fill a full-time pediatric radiology position that will train residents within the large, highly productive academic radiology department. This position will also provide specialized diagnostic radiology – pediatric imaging interpretation including, but not limited to, CT, US, GI/GU, fluoroscopy, MR and interventional procedures, with the use of state-of-the-art equipment.
Provide training to medical students, residents and fellows who rotate through the Department of Radiology.
Continue to promote professional relationships with all pediatric subspecialties to foster interdisciplinary research.
Time and effort is expected to be devoted to academic service-related activities. This shall include college, school, and departmental committee work, professional growth, and other such assignments.
Provide high quality sub-specialized imaging interpretations for assigned modalities in support of the referring physicians and patients of the VCUHS . Responsibilities include all facets of pediatric radiology (i.e., conventional radiographs, CT, MR, US, fluoroscopy and CT and US interventions). Special interest or skills in acute care imaging and oncology.
• Demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse faculty, staff, and student environment or commitment to do so as a faculty member at VCU .
• Demonstrated experience in research collaborative projects/initiatives/grants with the goal of building collaboration with VCUHS researchers and potentially those at other centers.
• Have an ABR certification or documentation of passing the Core Component of the ABR Board examination and be fellowship trained in pediatric radiology.
• Eligible for Virginia medical license.
• Possess an interest in and commitment to teaching residents and medical students.
• Demonstrated experience in multidisciplinary research.
Date Posted 12/10/2019 Open Until Filled Yes Application Deadline Date Proposed Hire Date 07/01/2020 Type of Search National Application Process/Additional Information
Current fellows are encouraged to apply.
Interested applicants should apply online at https://www.vcujobs.com.
Posted Salary Quick Link https://www.vcujobs.com/postings/95941 Diversity Statement Information Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Reference Letter - 1
- Reference Letter - 2
- Reference Letter - 3