Digital Fabrication Laboratory Specialist
- Oversee safe and cost effective operation of the Digital Fabrication Center, including the installation, maintenance and repair of associated equipment including additive manufacturing, rapid prototyping, and CNC machines.
- Develop and provide training and demonstration on the proper and safe use of the facility to students, faculty, and staff
- Work with faculty and staff to develop necessary formal and informal instructional aid for students and curricular projects.
- Work with supervisor to develop and maintain facility protocols
- policies and procedures
- access and certification
- technical consultation
- housekeeping and organization
- up-keep and maintenance of all associated equipment and software
- Be familiar with and utilize all applicable health and safety standards. Participate in safety training offered by Environmental Health and Safety, and work with the EHS director to identify and adhere to safety rules, regulations, and protocols.
- Work with the supervisor to maintain an operating budget.
- Make recommendation regarding technologies, upkeep and advancement.
- Interface with vendors and industry technicians.
- Tour and demonstrate the facility to prospective students, companies, and visitors.
- Work with supervisor to establish a mechanism for accounts payable and bill consumable materials to the appropriate department or individual.
- Train and supervise work-study students for the daily operation of the facility.
- Formal Education:Bachelor’s of Fine Arts or Bachelor’s
of Science and Engineering
- Must be able to work with a wide range of people (faculty,
students, and staff) with a variety of skill levels.
- Must be familiar with and have current knowledge of the health
and safety standards in the field.
- With or without reasonable accommodations the incumbent must be
able to read and write and speak the English language at a college
level, be software literate and able to learn new machines and
- The individual must be able to work independently. The ability
to maintain regular and prompt attendance is essential to the
successful performance of this position.
- Must have proficiency and technical knowledge with a variety of software, digital equipment, operations, maintenance, and health and safety requirements.
- The incumbent must have a working experience with digital fabrication from the design stage through exporting files and ending with the finished product.
- Must be proficient with at least two 3d CAD software such as: Solid Works, Fusion 360, Rhinoceros, or Blender. Must have experience with laser cutting and various 3d printing technologies.
- CNC milling experience is preferred along with a working knowledge of a variety of materials and applications, preferably as it pertains to both art making and engineering research.
- Teaching experience is a plus
Review of applicants begins October 20th and will continue until the position is filled.
Alfred University actively subscribes to a policy of equal employment opportunity, and will not discriminate against any employee, student or applicant because of race, age, sex, color, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, physical or mental disability, religion, ancestry or national origin, marital status, genetic information, military or veteran status, domestic violence victim status, criminal conviction status, political affiliation or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Protected veterans, minorities and women are encouraged to apply.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Alfred
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Alfred
- Engineering Not specified Full Time jobs in Alfred
- Other Science & Technology Not specified Full Time jobs in Alfred
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Alfred