A new postdoctoral fellow position is available immediately in Vivek Thumbigere Math's lab at the University of Maryland School of Dentistry. We are seeking for an enthusiastic and highly motivated scientist to join the NIH funded research program studying molecular genetics and immunoinflammatory responses in periodontal disease. The candidate will have access to cutting-edge cell, animal, and patient based models of periodontal disease.
The successful candidate will benefit from ongoing collaborations with NIH on a wide range of basic science and translational research, as well as vibrant community of interactive research labs at the University of Maryland. Available position has comprehensive career development and training opportunities in preparation for a successful independent career in academia or industry.
- DDS and/or PhD in a relevant field and have training in microbiology, immunology, and/or bone biology.
- Experience in microbial genomics, bacterial virulence, biofilms, cell culture and tissue engineering, and mouse work including bone marrow transplantation.
- Candidates with experience in oral microbiology will receive special consideration.
- A strong publication track record with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Internal drive to reach the next career level with a team member attitude.
- Prepared to collaborate on multidisciplinary research projects.
- conduct rigorous and original science
- independently design, perform, and interpret experiments
- publish high quality, peer-reviewed research
- participate in grant writing
- supervise research trainees and/or technicians
Salary and Benefits:
The postdoc candidate will be offered competitive salary and fringe benefits as per University of Maryland policy and NIH guidelines. Appointment may be renewed dependent upon satisfactory performance and continued funding.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Baltimore
- Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Baltimore
- Other Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Baltimore
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Baltimore
- Biology & Life Sciences Not specified Full Time jobs in Baltimore