The University of Maryland Department of Emergency Medicine is seeking a Research Associate to join our growing research team. Responsibilities will include the following:
- ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Independently perform laboratory maintenance and laboratory research activities required by the study(s). Leads the development and execution of project research studies and revises experimental plans in collaboration with the PI.
- Provide day-to-day laboratory operations oversight on her specific project, monitor spending to ensuring quality control and safety compliance. Identify and address issues and deficiencies and implements effective solutions.
- Assemble and assist with literature research, editing and preparing manuscripts, scientific illustrations and computer graphics for publication.
- Compile, analyze, and interpret research data using various relevant computer software applications. Present research findings at national meetings.
- Perform directorial duties such as: training and guiding students and/or other laboratory personnel; develops policies, procedures and/or methods for laboratory experimentation; and ordering supplies.
- With added experience gain adequate knowledge to write scientific papers and submit research grants.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Comprehensive knowledge of research techniques and ability to understand and utilize scientific/medical terminology and research theory in both oral and written communications.
- Skill in animal care and handling.
- Ability to use measurable and verifiable information for making independent decisions or judgments.
- Ability to network with and provide information to key groups and individuals.
- Ability to work in collegial fashion with co-workers in the lab group.
- Provide guidance and consultation to resolve issues in area of responsibility.
- Ability to independently perform research in a laboratory setting.
- Ability to lead research activities and perform various advanced procedures.
- Skill in programming statistical and data analysis using statistical software as well as spreadsheet and database software applications.
- Ability to diagnose equipment malfunctions.
- Design research studies and prepare technical procedures and reports.
- Knowledge and assurance of compliance issues related to laboratory activities
- PhD or MD required
- Experience in laboratory research required
If accommodations are needed for a disability, please contact Staffing & Career Services at 410-706-2606, Monday – Friday, 8:30am – 4:30pm EST. Maryland Relay can be accessed by dialing 711 (in-state) or 1-800-735-2258.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Baltimore
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Baltimore
- Biotechnology & Bioengineering Not specified Full Time jobs in Baltimore
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Baltimore
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Baltimore