Tenure Track Position (Open Rank) in Contemporary China Studies
The Department of Chinese Studies, National University of Singapore, is one of the leading institutions in the world in the fields of Chinese Studies and Chinese Language and a major centre in Southeast Asia. We invite applications for the following position: Tenure Track (Open Rank) in Contemporary China Studies.
Applicants for this position should have expertise in any one or more of the following areas: (1) Post-1949 Chinese culture and society; (2) Media in contemporary China; (3) Contemporary PRC politics. Applicants are expected to conduct research, teach at both the undergraduate and graduate levels (in Chinese and English), advise and mentor undergraduate and graduate students, and contribute to department, university, and professional service.
NUS is a leading university in Asia which provides rich resources and opportunities for research, competitive remuneration and generous benefits, including subsidized housing and medical coverage.
Applicants should send, by email attachment, to the Search Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org, a dossier:
- Covering letter and CV
- Statements of research accomplishments and teaching philosophy/methodology
- Complete list of publications (including theses and dissertations) and samples;
- Course outlines and copies of student evaluations of courses taught;
- Three letters of reference and one from PhD supervisor (for lecturer-educator track and assistant professor tenure track posts)
- Six names of referees with full contact details (for associate professor and above)
The closing date for applications is 1 March 2020. We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
For more information, please refer to these websites:
Working in National University of Singapore http://www.nus.edu.sg/careers/whyjoinus.htm
Department of Chinese Studies http://www.fas.nus.edu.sg/chs
Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences http://www.fas.nus.edu.sg
National University of Singapore http://www.nus.edu.sg/
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Tenured/Tenured Track Competitive Full Time jobs in Singapore
- Humanities Tenured/Tenured Track Competitive Full Time jobs in Singapore
- Ethnic & Multicultural Studies Tenured/Tenured Track Competitive Full Time jobs in Singapore
- History Tenured/Tenured Track Competitive Full Time jobs in Singapore