Lab Assistant - Welding (Part-Time)
Posting Number AS41P Position Title Lab Assistant - Welding (Part-Time) Contract Length N/A Class Summary
Provides assistance to the welding program by maintaining the labs and classrooms for instruction.
Candidates Eligible to Apply Internal Only Position Type Non-Exempt Staff Employment Status Part Time Position Funding Type Regular
- High School Diploma or GED .
- Enrolled in COM Welding program and have completed one semester of welding courses.
Minimum Knowledge & Skills
- Basic understanding of tracking inventory.
- Basic understanding of hand and power tools and equipment.
- Basic understanding of cleaning equipment.
Preferred Knowledge & Skills
- Forklift driver’s certificate required or the ability to pass classroom and drivers exam through COM .
Maintain equipment in labs and classrooms; clean equipment as needed, organize supplies, tools and equipment, clean floors and remove trash.
- Maintain accurate equipment and inventory accounting records.
- Set up equipment per adjunct instructor’s requests.
- Operate forklift.
- Follow safety policies and procedures.
Positions in this class typically require: stooping, crouching, reaching, standing, walking, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions. Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
Minimum Salary Range TBD Mid Point Salary Range TBD Maximum Salary Range Posting Open Date 03/29/2018 Posting Close Date Posting Will Be Open Until Filled Yes Special Instructions to Applicant EEO Statement
College of the Mainland is an affirmative action/equal opportunity institution and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, disability or veteran status.
College of the Mainland does not discriminate on the basis of disability in the recruitment and admission of students, the recruitment and employment of faculty and staff, and the operation of its programs and activities, as specified by federal laws and regulations within Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 and 1992.
Quick Link to Share for Direct Access to Posting https://jobs.com.edu/postings/1380 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Are you available to work in the evening (6 pm to 10 pm)?
- Transcripts (1 of 3)
- Cover Letter
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Part Time jobs in Texas City
- Professional Fields Not specified Part Time jobs in Texas City
- Vocational & Technical Fields Not specified Part Time jobs in Texas City
- Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in Texas City
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Part Time jobs in Texas City