About Roxbury Community College:
Roxbury Community College is a comprehensive, urban, student-centered, open-access community college providing higher learning opportunities for all who may benefit. The primary mission of the College is to serve the needs of the Greater Roxbury area and the surrounding Boston metropolitan communities. Roxbury Community College offers quality post-secondary higher education learning opportunities in developmental academic skills, liberal arts, professional studies, health sciences, STEM (science, technology, engineering and math), as well as career and transfer programs, workforce development, and private and public sector training. Roxbury Community College grants Associate degrees and certificates, affording its students a solid foundation for college transfer, employment, professional advancement, personal enrichment and lifelong learning.
We wish to be the College of choice, providing a responsive, high quality, and affordable education that meets the academic, social and workforce development needs of a diverse student population and the surrounding communities.
This is a part time, temporary position.
The Professional Science Tutor will:
- Assist students with learning and reviewing subject material during scheduled tutoring appointments and drop in tutoring sessions.
- Assist students with developing good study habits in the sciences (which may include chemistry, biology, anatomy, etc.)
- Facilitate science study group in designated area when needed.
- Monitor student progress and maintain progress reports.
- Submit regular documentation of tutoring sessions.
- Communicate regularly with staff, faculty, and students.
- Attend tutor training sessions.
- Meet with supervisor to discuss tutor feedback.
- Comply with the duties as stipulated in the Massachusetts Community College Council Collective Bargaining Agreement.
- All candidates must have legal authorization to work in the United States.
- Must have Bachelor's Degree or higher in subject area
- Must have good study habits
- Must have excellent computer literacy skills
- Must have excellent communication skills
Roxbury Community College offers competitive salaries according to the guidelines and procedures of the MCCC Collective Bargaining Agreement. The hourly salary for this position is $28.29, commensurate with the qualifications and years of related experiences.
Effective Date: Fall 2018/Spring 2019
Appointment is subject to SORI (Sexual Offense Registry Information) background check, and a publicly accessible Massachusetts CORI (Criminal Offense Registry Information) background check.
Roxbury Community College is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, religion, age, veteran status, genetic information, gender identity or sexual orientation in its programs and activities as required by Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and other applicable statutes and college policies. The College prohibits sexual harassment including sexual violence. Inquiries or complaints concerning discrimination, harassment, retaliation, or sexual violence shall be referred to the College's Affirmative Action Officer/Title IX Coordinator, the Equal Employment Opportunities Commission or the United States Department of Education's Office for Civil Rights.
The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act requires all institutes of higher education to disclose campus policy statements and crime statistics. Our annual report is available at www.rcc.edu/clery.
This is a part time, temporary position.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Part Time jobs in Boston
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Part Time jobs in Boston
- Mathematics Not specified Part Time jobs in Boston
- Other Science & Technology Not specified Part Time jobs in Boston
- Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in Boston