Lifelong Learning: HiSET or GED Prep (all subjects)
About Roxbury Community College:
Roxbury Community College is an urban, public, 2-year College serving a diverse community, including people of color, recent immigrants and non-traditional populations. The College's mission is to facilitate student success in achieving educational goals through the delivery of high-quality transfer and career programs. RCC strives to honor traditional commitments, and to be responsive to new challenges and insights through workforce training, ESOL, and community education. The student population at the college is diverse in ethnicity, gender, language, age and background. Roxbury Community College is an AA/EO employer and strongly encourages applications from candidates who would enhance the diversity of its staff. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
Roxbury Community College strives to meet the interests of the community by providing opportunities to let you decide how you want to take charge and progress in your life. Lifelong Learning courses offer something for everyone, whether you want to develop or hone your skills for professional or personal growth, or you just enjoy learning new things and want to take a fun class. Lifelong Learning courses are non-credit and cater to learners of all ages and backgrounds.
Lifelong Learning at Roxbury Community College is seeking qualified, passionate applicants to join our team of HiSET prep instructors. Most of our HiSET classes (Math and Writing/Reading) are 12 weeks long, twice a week. Science and Social Studies are typically combined for 10 weeks, once a week.
Instructors should be familiar with HiSET course content in their desired teaching subject. We are also accepting instructors familiar with GED course content (please specify your familiarity in your cover letter).
While we have some materials on file available to be used, we're seeking instructors capable of creating their own prep curriculum and actively contributing to what we have.
Resumes and cover letters will be accepted on a rolling basis to be kept on file. While there may or may not be available instructor openings at any given time for a particular subject, we welcome your interest and will draw from the applicant pool when additional HiSET sections are added, or we expand our prep classes off-site.
HiSET Exam Prep
- Social Studies
- English / Writing / Reading
- Knowledgeable and skilled in course subject.
- Ability to pass knowledge onto others.
- Passionate about course content.
- Create prep course syllabus and curriculum to promote positive goal-oriented outcomes for students.
- Keep accurate records in accordance with Lifelong Learning policies.
- Employ a variety of teaching methods to engage all students.
- Distribute surveys to students on behalf of the college, as needed.
- Maintain open lines of communication with Lifelong Learning office.
- Utilize appropriate assessment techniques to measure student performance in achieving course goals and objectives.
- Teaching availability on weekday evenings and/or Saturday mornings or afternoon, as contracted for.
- Commitment to working assigned schedule reliably and punctually.
Qualifications and Skills:
- All candidates must have legal authorization to work in the U.S.
- Appropriate experience and skill, as well as the appropriate training, license, and/or credentials where applicable, in the course subject(s).
- Prior teaching experience in course subject is preferred.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Experience working with diverse populations.
- Ability to lead and conduct classroom courses and/or workshops.
Effective Date: Spring Semester, 2018
Appointment is subject to SORI (Sexual Offense Registry Information) background check, and a publicly accessible Massachusetts CORI (Criminal Offense Registry Information) background check.
Roxbury Community College is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, religion, age, veteran status, genetic information, gender identity or sexual orientation in its programs and activities as required by Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and other applicable statutes and college policies. The College prohibits sexual harassment including sexual violence. Inquiries or complaints concerning discrimination, harassment, retaliation, or sexual violence shall be referred to the College's Affirmative Action Officer/Title IX Coordinator, the Equal Employment Opportunities Commission or the United States Department of Education's Office for Civil Rights.
The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act requires all institutes of higher education to disclose campus policy statements and crime statistics. Our annual report is available at www.rcc.edu/clery.
To be considered for this position, applicants should submit a resume, cover letter, and three references.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Part Time jobs in Boston
- Humanities Not specified Part Time jobs in Boston
- English & Literature Not specified Part Time jobs in Boston
- English as a Second Language Not specified Part Time jobs in Boston
- Social & Behavioral Sciences Not specified Part Time jobs in Boston