Senior Project and ITSM Manager
Work with university departments, organizations, and technology contractors to define program and project objectives, scope, responsibilities, and resource requirements. Use an approved project management methodology to manage all phases of the project, from initiation to closing. Ensure that projects are managed according to Virginia Tech project management standards. Conduct vendor, stakeholder, and team meetings as necessary to initiate project planning, review progress, identify critical project issues, and develop strategies for effective completion. Facilitate discussions that result in resolving questions, gaining consensus, and removing roadblocks.
IT SERVICE MANAGEMENT
Champion continuous improvement for our ITSM processes, systems, service delivery, change, incident, and problem management. analyzing and reporting actual to contracted SLA performance levels. Report on service level management metrics and key performance indicators (KPIS). Partner with IT division teams to automate systems workflows to improve overall efficiency. interface with IT product & process owners to ensure that the appropriate services are offered within the service catalog and can be viewed by the right end users. This also includes reviewing request workflows for services within service now, SLAS tied to requests, etc. on a regular basis. ensure that the service catalog is published and maintained with accurate information, approvals and workflows.
CONTINUITY OF OPERATIONS COORDINATION
Conduct strategic evaluation of business processes resulting in identification of select services and the critical assets of each define the core functions of the department. work with department leadership and stakeholders to maintain the continuity of operations (COOP) narrative and essential functions plans. For each essential function identify and document key personnel, critical resources, vital files, records and databases, external contacts and vendors, and risk assessment.
DOCUMENTATION AND COMMUNICATION
Oversee creation and completion of all project documentation. Develop and execute a communication plan that includes providing regular metrics and reports on project execution to management and stakeholders. ensure that consistent and timely information is communicated to a variety of audiences through the use of emails, web postings, and presentations.
- PHD in information systems or related field with an emphasis in information security
- 6 years experience of success leading full life-cycle project management of highly complex projects
- 6 years experience developing and monitoring service performance in the form of service level agreements (SLAS), operational level agreements (OLAS), or key performance indicators (KPIS)
- 6 years experience as a technical lead, project lead, or project manager in waterfall or agile projects: leading project teams utilizing industry standard project management methodologies
- 3 years experience as a technical lead, project lead, or project manager in security: information/cyber security, security policy and strategy, identity and access management, physical access control and security, and security requirements
- 3 years experience as a technical lead, project lead, or project manager in collaboration frameworks: development, monitoring, and evaluation of collaboration frameworks and operational effectiveness and efficiency
- 5 years experience in business process analysis, including requirements planning, analysis and documentation, and the application of information technology to solving business needs
- 1 year experience delivering training or teaching information technology related subject material
- 6 years experience working in a collaborative team environment in a leadership role
- 10 years experience with business processes and applications supporting higher education
- Demonstrated knowledge of it service management principles, best practices and frameworks, including current ITIL foundation certification
- Demonstrated domain knowledge in risk or security through one of the following certifications: CISSP or CISM
- Demonstrated knowledge of project management principles and best practices through current project management certification from a recognized, reputable project management organization
- Excellent interpersonal skills and experience working with people at all levels of the organization
- Excellent communication skills in technical and non-technical topics
- Demonstrated knowledge of and promoting a diverse and inclusive work environment
- Criminal conviction check
May 22, 2020
The successful Candidate will be required to have a criminal conviction check
About Virginia Tech
Dedicated to its motto, Ut Prosim (That I May Serve), Virginia Tech pushes the boundaries of knowledge by taking a hands-on, transdisciplinary approach to preparing scholars to be leaders and problem-solvers. A comprehensive land-grant institution that enhances the quality of life in Virginia and throughout the world, Virginia Tech is an inclusive community dedicated to knowledge, discovery, and creativity. The university offers more than 280 majors to a diverse enrollment of more than 36,000 undergraduate, graduate, and professional students in eight undergraduate colleges , a school of medicine , a veterinary medicine college, Graduate School , and Honors College . The university has a significant presence across Virginia, including the Innovation Campus in Northern Virginia; the Health Sciences and Technology Campus in Roanoke; sites in Newport News and Richmond; and numerous Extension offices and research centers . A leading global research institution, Virginia Tech conducts more than $500 million in research annually.
Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, sex (including pregnancy), gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or otherwise discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants, or on any other basis protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and desire accommodation please contact the hiring department.
Advertised: May 7, 2020
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Blacksburg
- Business & Management Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Blacksburg
- Management Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Blacksburg
- Other Business & Management Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Blacksburg
- Administrative Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Blacksburg