Baylor College of Medicine and Department Summary:
Baylor ( www.bcm.edu
recognized as one of the nation’s premier academic health science
centers and is known for excellence in education, research, and
healthcare and community service. Located in the heart of the
world's largest medical center ( Texas Medical
), Baylor is affiliated with multiple educational,
healthcare and research affiliates ( Baylor Affiliates
The section of General Internal Medicine at Baylor College of
Medicine located at Ben Taub hospital is seeking highly talented
physicians for working at its Harris Health affiliate hospital, Ben
• Provide medical care to adults in the inpatient care setting.
Supervise residents, medical students, and other learners as
• Coordinate with outpatient care teams for safe discharge of
• Participate in any team meetings. Work with the team to develop
the appropriate order sets and procedures that are needed.
• Contribute to quality improvement and research projects.
Collaborate nationally with known leaders in the field. Keep up
with continuing medical education as per college and section
• Renewing and meeting all required licenses and certification
• Familiarize with EPIC- electronic medical records and document
all patient encounters as needed.
• Complete all documentation in a timely manner so that billing and
other administrative tasks can happen smoothly to ensure a robust
• Maintaining credentialing at all times to ensure practice is not
Education Requirement: MD; Board Certified or board eligible.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
Action/Equal Access Employer.