Instructor - General Medicine/Ben Taub
Baylor College of Medicine and Department Summary:
Baylor ( www.bcm.edu ) is recognized as one of the nation’s premier academic health science centers and is known for excellence in education, research, and healthcare and community service. Located in the heart of the world's largest medical center ( Texas Medical Center ), Baylor is affiliated with multiple educational, healthcare and research affiliates ( Baylor Affiliates ).
The section of General Internal Medicine at Baylor College of Medicine located at Ben Taub hospital is seeking highly talented physicians for working at its Harris Health affiliate hospital, Ben Taub Hospital.
• Provide medical care to adults in the inpatient care setting. Supervise residents, medical students, and other learners as needed.
• Coordinate with outpatient care teams for safe discharge of patients.
• Participate in any team meetings. Work with the team to develop the appropriate order sets and procedures that are needed.
• Contribute to quality improvement and research projects. Collaborate nationally with known leaders in the field. Keep up with continuing medical education as per college and section requirements.
• Renewing and meeting all required licenses and certification requirements.
• Familiarize with EPIC- electronic medical records and document all patient encounters as needed.
• Complete all documentation in a timely manner so that billing and other administrative tasks can happen smoothly to ensure a robust operational system.
• Maintaining credentialing at all times to ensure practice is not disrupted.
Education Requirement: MD; Board Certified or board eligible.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.