Assistant Professor, Russian and Slavic Studies (TE)
The Department of Russian and Slavic Studies in the School of International Languages, Literatures and Cultures (SILLC) at the University of Arizona is seeking a tenure-track Assistant Professor with an area of specialization in literature and/or cultural studies. The top candidate will have the ability to work effectively with faculty, staff, and students from a variety of diverse backgrounds. Candidates should be highly collaborative, exploratory, and hardworking with strong potential for research and publication, demonstrated excellence in teaching, and a commitment to mentoring undergraduate and graduate students. Near-native proficiency in English and Russian is required. PhD in Russian or Slavic Studies, or a related field, must be in hand by the time of the appointment. This benefits-eligible position and the appointment starts in August 2020.
Review of applications will begin on November 4, 2019
Candidates are asked to submit (all in English unless otherwise
1. Cover Letter, which must address philosophy of teaching, as well as current and future research, and include contributions to diversity and inclusiveness.
3. Writing Sample (Save as ONE PDF FILE – Two writing samples, in either Russian or English. Samples may be published papers or dissertation chapters)
4. Teaching Evaluations (from the past three years, if available)
Please note: Upon submitting your application, your reference letters will be collected by UACareers. For your convenience, UACareers will send an automated email to your references. This email will ask your references to complete a brief questionnaire in regard to your suitability for the position as well as request the attachment of a letter of recommendation. These letters of recommendation must be uploaded directly via the UACareers.com website by your reference provider. UACareers.com is not compatible with any “dossier aggregate” system (e.g., Interfolio, Intellimedia).
All materials must be submitted through the University of Arizona's site for applications: http://uacareers.com/postings/39246
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Tucson
- Education Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Tucson
- Curriculum & Instruction Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Tucson
- Humanities Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Tucson
- Foreign Languages & Literatures Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Tucson