Faculty Part Time - Hospitality Management, Tourism & Culinary
Hospitality Management, Tourism & Culinary Arts
Full Time or Part Time
Fixed Term/Tenure Track
Hiring Salary Range
Salary Commensurate with Degree
Job Description Summary
Faculty Part-Time, Accepting applications to establish a pool of
applicants for possible future part-time openings. Salary
commensurate with degree.
- Master’s Degree or professional credential in relevant field
(Registered Dietitian or Certified Hospitality Educator for
example) or relevant professional experience.
- Full-time or part-time teaching experience in Hospitality
Management, Tourism or Culinary Arts is preferred.
CRITERIA : The following criteria, which are not the sole criteria
used in the final hiring decision, will be used to review the
applications of those persons who meet the stated minimum
qualifications and to select those qualified applicants who will be
interviewed. Other information and observations made during the
interview process may be considered in the selection process.
- Relevance of educational preparation to anticipated teaching
- Relevance of teaching experience to anticipated teaching
- Relevance of non-teaching professional experience to
anticipated teaching assignments.
- Evidence of currency in professional discipline through
continuing education, professional development, and/or scholarly
- Evidence of ability to teach effectively within, and contribute
positively to, a diverse, multi-ethnic, multi-cultural student
population and campus environment.
- Evidence of ability to work independently.
Is Background Check Required?
- Degree from an accredited institution or credential from a
recognized professional association.
- Documentation of experience and performance required.
Unofficial transcripts must accompany application for teaching
positions. Official transcripts of academic work required upon an
offer of employment.
- Availability to accept teaching assignments during day,
evenings, weekends, and /or online and at different sites.
- Ability to communicate effectively in spoken and written
- As required by the 1986 Immigration Act, be prepared to present
acceptable documentation showing your identity and that you are a
U.S. citizen or an alien who is authorized to work.
- Prince George’s Community College is committed to providing
a safe campus community. PGCC conducts background investigations
for applicants being considered for employment. Background
investigations include reference checks, a criminal history record
check, education verification, and when appropriate, a financial
(credit) report or driving history check.
Is the incumbent responsible for working with minor children or
directly engaging with minor children on campus?
Posting Detail Information
Open Until Filled
Background Check Statement
Special Instructions to Applicants
Submit a cover letter of interest, a detailed resume/cv listing
qualifications and experience. Applicants should fully describe
their qualifications and experience, with specific reference to
each of the minimum qualification and criteria
this is the information on which the initial review of materials
will be based.
Candidates for teaching positions who are invited for an
interview may be asked to do a teaching demonstration.
Prince George’s Community College values the safety of its
students, faculty, and staff. As part of that commitment, the
College has announced effective October 21, 2021, all students,
faculty, and staff must be vaccinated against COVID -19 or tested
for the virus weekly. As a prospective or new employee, you will be
required to comply with this mandate and all the necessary safety
protocols, including wearing a mask. Please direct your questions
related to the vaccination, testing, mask mandates, and
requirements for exemptions to VMPO@pgcc.edu
; you will receive an email acknowledging
receipt of your application, upon which time no further
communication occurs unless selected for an interview or the
position is filled. If recommended for hire, communication is
immediately sent to your references listed on your application.
Also, you will receive an email notification from HireRight
requesting you to submit authorization to complete a background
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a Master's Degree or professional credential in
relevant field (Registered Dietitian or Certified Hospitality
Educator for example) or relevant professional experience?
- * Do you have teaching experience at the college or high school
level, in area of concentration, or significant professional
experience relevant to the teaching area? See Minimum
- * Please describe in detail the extent and relevance of your
teaching experience to anticipated teaching assignments.
(Open Ended Question)
- * I have clearly addressed the criteria for this position in my
application, resume or other attached documents.
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- HigherEd Jobs
- Hispanic Outlook
- Personal Referral
- PGCC Website
- Social Media (LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook)
- The Chronicle of Higher Ed
- The Washington Post
- Other: Please indicate below
- How did you hear about this employment opportunity? If you
selected 'Other' please indicate source:
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter
- Letter of Recommendation 1
- Letter of Recommendation 2
- Curriculum Vitae