Faculty Part-Time - Medical Assisting Instructor
Full Time or Part Time
Fixed Term/Tenure Track
Hiring Salary Range
Commensurate with Experience
Job Description Summary
Under the supervision of the Academic Coordinator/Program Director
responsible for teaching courses in the Administrative and or
Clinical areas of medical assisting. As a medical assisting
instructor, the candidate will teach classes in the medical
assisting curriculum based on College, program, and course
objectives and guidelines. Candidate must have two (2) years of
current experience working as a certified or registered Medical
Assistant, and knowledge of the clinical and administrative aspects
of curriculum. Prior teaching experience preferred.
- Associates degree required.
- Recent two (2) full-time years working as a certified or
registered Medical Assistant.
- Current Certified Medical Assistant ( CMA ), ( RMA ) Registered
Medical Assistant, NCMA ( NCCT ), CCMA ( NHA ), CMAC ( AMCA ) or
higher certification such as RN, PA.
CRITERIA : The following criteria, which are not the sole criteria
used in the final hiring decision, will be used to review the
applications of those persons who meet the stated minimum
qualifications and to select those qualified applicants who will be
interviewed. Other information and observations made during the
interview process may be considered in the selection process.
- Medical and surgical asepsis principles and procedures.
- Ability to perform patient vital signs collection.
- Perform EKG .
- Venipuncture and Specimen Collection.
- Basic Patient Intake.
- Pharmacology and other related medical skill classes.
- Administrative medical assisting.
- Physician office Billing and Coding.
- Instructors will be required to complete all class forms and
documentation related to the course and all documentation required
by the college.
Is Background Check Required?
- Degree from an accredited institution.
- Unofficial transcripts must accompany the application for
teaching positions. Before an applicant can be recommended for
hire, he/she must have an unofficial transcript on file with the
College. Official transcripts of academic work required upon an
offer of employment.
- Ability to communicate effectively in spoken and written
- As required by the 1986 Immigration Act, be prepared to present
acceptable documentation showing your identity and that you are a
U.S. citizen or an alien who is authorized to work.
Is the incumbent responsible for working with minor children or
directly engaging with minor children on campus?
Posting Detail Information
Open Until Filled
Background Check Statement
Special Instructions to Applicants
Prince George’s Community College values the safety of its
students, faculty, and staff. As part of that commitment, the
College has announced effective October 21, 2021, all students,
faculty, and staff must be vaccinated against COVID -19 or tested
for the virus weekly. As a prospective or new employee, you will be
required to comply with this mandate and all the necessary safety
protocols, including wearing a mask. Please direct your questions
related to the vaccination, testing, mask mandates, and
requirements for exemptions to VMPO@pgcc.edu .
; you will receive an email
acknowledging receipt of your application, upon which time no
further communication occurs unless selected for an interview or
the position is filled. If recommended for hire, communication is
immediately sent to your references listed on your application.
Also, you will receive an email notification from HireRight
requesting you to submit authorization to complete a background
Prince George’s Community College is committed to providing a safe
campus community. PGCC conducts background investigations for
applicants being considered for employment. Background
investigations include reference checks, a criminal history record
check, education verification, and when appropriate, a financial
(credit) report or driving history check.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Which of the following best describes your level of completed
education? (Education details must be included in your
- Master's Degree or above from an accredited
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college/university
- Associate's Degree from an accredited college/university
- One to two years of college credit (30 credit hours is
equivalent to one year)
- Less than 30 credits from an accredited college/university
- High School Diploma or GED
- None of the above
- * Current Certified Medical Assistant (CMA), (RMA) Registered
Medical Assistant, NCMA (NCCT), CCMA (NHA), CMAC (AMCA) or higher
certification such as RN, PA.
- * Min Qual: Do you have teaching experience at the high school
or college level, in the area of concentration, or significant
professional experience relevant to teaching area?
- * Do you have two full-time years working as a certified or
registered Medical Assistant?
- * Briefly describe your experience referenced in the previous
question. Do not enter 'See Resume'
(Open Ended Question)
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- HigherEd Jobs
- Hispanic Outlook
- Personal Referral
- PGCC Website
- Social Media (LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook)
- The Chronicle of Higher Ed
- The Washington Post
- Other: Please indicate below
- How did you hear about this employment opportunity? If you
selected 'Other' please indicate source:
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter
- Letter of Recommendation 1
- Letter of Recommendation 2
- Letter of Recommendation 3
- Curriculum Vitae
- Certifications - See Minimum Qualifications for type