Adjunct Faculty-Technology, Engineering & Construction
Technology, Engineering & Construction
Full Time or Part Time
Fixed Term/Tenure Track
Hiring Salary Range
Job Description Summary
Faculty Part-Time, Accepting applications to establish a pool of
applicants for possible future part-time openings. Salary
commensurate with degree.
- Master’s degree in Computer Information Systems, Computer
Science, Engineering, or related field.
- Teaching experience at the college or high school level in the
area of concentration, or significant professional experience
relevant to the teaching area.
- Certifications, such as Network+, Security+, A+, CISSP, AWS
Solutions Architect, CCNA, CCNP, etc.
- Extent of specific knowledge of and experience teaching and/or
working with either Cybersecurity, Cisco CCNA -level networking,
Software Development, Cloud Computing, Data Science,
- Extent of relevant industry certifications, such as Network+,
Security+, A+, CISSP, AWS Solutions Architect, CCNA, CCNP,
- Extent and relevance of educational preparation to anticipated
- Extent and relevance of teaching experience to anticipated
teaching assignments, including teaching within the Cisco
Networking Academy Program.
- Extent and relevance of non-teaching professional experience to
anticipated teaching assignments.
- Evidence of quality teaching, including faculty evaluation
scores and rating, teaching awards earned, courses designed,
developed, and/or revised, etc.
- Evidence of ability to teach effectively within, and contribute
positively to, a diverse, multi-ethnic, multi-cultural student
population and campus environment.
Is Background Check Required?
Is the incumbent responsible for working with minor children or
directly engaging with minor children on campus?
- Degree from an accredited institution.
- Unofficial transcripts must accompany application for teaching
positions. Official transcripts of academic work are required upon
an offer of employment.
- Documentation of experience and performance required.
- Ability to teach day, evening, or weekend classes.
- Ability to communicate effectively in spoken and written
- As required by the 1986 Immigration Act, be prepared to present
acceptable documentation showing your identity and that you are a
U.S. citizen or an alien who is authorized to work.
Posting Detail Information
Open Until Filled
Background Check Statement
Special Instructions to Applicants
Prince George’s Community College values the safety of its
students, faculty, and staff. As part of that commitment, the
College has announced effective October 21, 2021, all students,
faculty, and staff must be vaccinated against COVID -19 or tested
for the virus weekly. As a prospective or new employee, you will be
required to comply with this mandate and all the necessary safety
protocols, including wearing a mask. Please direct your questions
related to the vaccination, testing, mask mandates, and
requirements for exemptions to VMPO@pgcc.edu
; you will receive an email
acknowledging receipt of your application, upon which time no
further communication occurs unless selected for an interview or
the position is filled. If recommended for hire, communication is
immediately sent to your references listed on your application.
Also, you will receive an email notification from HireRight
requesting you to submit authorization to complete a background
Prince George’s Community College is committed to providing a safe
campus community. PGCC conducts background investigations for
applicants being considered for employment. Background
investigations include reference checks, a criminal history record
check, education verification, and when appropriate, a financial
(credit) report or driving history check.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Which of the following best describes your level of completed
education? (Education details must be included in your
- Master's Degree or above from an accredited
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college/university
- Associate's Degree from an accredited college/university
- One to two years of college credit (30 credit hours is
equivalent to one year)
- Less than 30 credits from an accredited college/university
- High School Diploma or GED
- None of the above
- * Do you have teaching experience at the college or high school
level, in area of concentration, or significant professional
experience relevant to the teaching area?
- * Criteria: Please describe in detail the extent of your
expertise and/or teaching experience in the following information
technology areas: „« Computer graphics „« Computer hardware
installation, configuration and repair „« Database management „«
Help desk procedures „« Information security „« Information
technology concepts „« Learning management systems (Blackboard) „«
Network administration „« Online teaching experience „« Operating
systems concepts „« Productivity software applications „«
Programming logic and languages „« Programming application
development (mobile and gaming) „« Project management „« Social
networking media „« Systems analysis „« Web technology
(Open Ended Question)
- * I have clearly addressed the criteria for this position in my
application, resume or other attached documents.
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- HigherEd Jobs
- Hispanic Outlook
- Personal Referral
- PGCC Website
- Social Media (LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook)
- The Chronicle of Higher Ed
- The Washington Post
- Other: Please indicate below
- How did you hear about this employment opportunity? If you
selected 'Other' please indicate source:
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter
- Letter of Recommendation 1
- Letter of Recommendation 2
- Letter of Recommendation 3
- Curriculum Vitae