Adjunct Instructor - First Year Seminar
Title: Adjunct Instructor – First Year Seminar
Position Summary : To provide quality instruction for student learning and to maintain a positive learning environment in the classroom. The major emphasis will be placed on teaching and evaluating students in the classroom and laboratories.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Planning and teaching classes as assigned and as outlined in the course descriptions and course syllabi.
2. Supervising the study and learning activities of students assigned.
3. Submitting requests through the department head, program coordinator, or lead teacher for equipment, supplies, textbooks, and other instructional aids.
4. Evaluating the academic progress of students.
5. Demonstrating knowledge of services, regulations, and procedures as defined in the Adjunct Faculty Handbook.
6. Submitting course grades and performing other administrative duties as required.
7. Scheduling two office hours. For extenuating circumstances in which office hours cannot be scheduled, the adjunct faculty member must submit a written plan to the Dean describing how students can access the instructor. Office hours are not paid during the summer session.
Required Qualifications: Master’s degree and at least 18 graduate hours in any subject area
Closing Date: Adjunct positions remain open at the department’s discretion. The number of adjuncts hired each semester depends on the needs of the college. Your application will remain on file. When the department has a need to fill a position they will refer to the active pool and contact applicants directly to schedule an interview.
Special Instructions to Applicants: To be considered for a position at Pellissippi State, you must create an on-line application. Your skills, abilities, qualifications, and years of experience will be evaluated using only what is recorded on your application. Please note: attaching a resume does not substitute for completion of the application form. Part-time work experience is calculated at 50% of full-time experience. Please note: to scan, upload, or attach documents, a computer and scanner are available at the Hardin Valley Campus Educational Resources Center, if needed.
Pellissippi State Community College is an EEO/AA/Title VI/Title IX/Section 504/ADA employer
If you have any problems or questions please contact Pellissippi State Community College’s Human Resource Office at 865-694-6607 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org .
If you are interested in this position, click on the link to the upper left to apply.