The University of Texas Permian Basin welcome applicants for the
position of Information Technology Coordinator.
The successful candidate will report to the Superintendent and
Deputy Superintendent of schools and coordinate the technology
function for the STEM K-12 Academy. The
IT Coordinator will develop, implement, and maintain technology to
the best advantage and technological capabilities of
the STEM Academy, assist in the effective and efficient
deployment of technology for the delivery and improvement of
• Coordinates the technology program for
the STEM Academy
• Creates and monitors a 5-year Technology Plan for
the STEM Academy
• Assists in training with staff, students, and parents when
• Coordinates with the IT Help Center and IT Support Staff in the
Information Technology division to support and
address STEM Academy issues
• Supports, troubleshoots, and resolves IT-related issues with
staff members and students (via on-line, phone, e-mail, or
in-person support) for all hardware/software, as these arise
• Opens, tracks, and resolves tickets using
the UTPB ticketing system; establishes and maintains
priority levels and response times for all STEM Academy
• Maintains an inventory database of hardware and software for the
Academy and department; conduct equipment audits annually
• Orders, receives, and installs new hardware and software;
coordinates the distribution of technology
• Provides first-level support for
Skyward, SIS and ERP software, and serves as
primary liaison between vendors and school personnel
• Supports the use of Smartboards in the classroom
• Manages: large deployments of iPads utilizing Meraki mobile
device management; large deployments of Chromebooks utilizing the
Chromebook Management Console
• Other duties, as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree and IT experience in an education
• In-depth knowledge of applicable policies and laws for both
education and computer forensics/cyber security
• A thorough understanding of technology solutions and the ability
to efficiently implement advanced technologies
• The ability to successfully complete and pass a criminal
SCHEDULE: This is an exempt, 12-month classified position and
the expected work schedule is Monday through Friday. The individual
holding this position may need to be available early mornings,
evenings, and weekends to meet the needs of
the STEM Academy.
HOW TO APPLY:
All applicants must submit a UTPB electronic
application in order to be considered. Link to job posting at the
UTPB Careers site: https://utpb.peopleadmin.com/postings/2493.
Please include all required documents with your submission.
Unofficial transcripts of all college work are acceptable for
purposes of the application. Official transcripts are required upon
The University offers an excellent compensation package which
includes a broad range of employee benefits including free health
insurance (employee only) as well as a generous retirement program.
We invite you to learn more at www.utpb.edu.
The University of Texas Permian Basin is an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Women and underrepresented
groups are encouraged to apply.
UT Permian Basin participates in e-Verify.