Information Technology Coordinator
- University of Texas Permian Basin
- Texas, United States
- Salary Commensurate with experience
- Posted Date
- May 6, 2020
- Position Type
- Administrative, Business & Administrative Affairs, Computer Services & Information Technology
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Full Time
The University of Texas Permian Basin welcome applicants for the position of Information Technology Coordinator. The successful candidate will report to the Superintendent and Deputy Superintendent of schools and coordinate the technology function for the STEM K-12 Academy. The IT Coordinator will develop, implement, and maintain technology to the best advantage and technological capabilities of the STEM Academy, assist in the effective and efficient deployment of technology for the delivery and improvement of instruction.
• Coordinates the technology program for the STEM Academy
• Creates and monitors a 5-year Technology Plan for the STEM Academy
• Assists in training with staff, students, and parents when needed
• Coordinates with the IT Help Center and IT Support Staff in the Information Technology division to support and address STEM Academy issues
• Supports, troubleshoots, and resolves IT-related issues with staff members and students (via on-line, phone, e-mail, or in-person support) for all hardware/software, as these arise
• Opens, tracks, and resolves tickets using the UTPB ticketing system; establishes and maintains priority levels and response times for all STEM Academy technical requests
• Maintains an inventory database of hardware and software for the Academy and department; conduct equipment audits annually
• Orders, receives, and installs new hardware and software; coordinates the distribution of technology
• Provides first-level support for Skyward, SIS and ERP software, and serves as primary liaison between vendors and school personnel
• Supports the use of Smartboards in the classroom environments
• Manages: large deployments of iPads utilizing Meraki mobile device management; large deployments of Chromebooks utilizing the Chromebook Management Console
• Other duties, as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree and IT experience in an education
• In-depth knowledge of applicable policies and laws for both education and computer forensics/cyber security
• A thorough understanding of technology solutions and the ability to efficiently implement advanced technologies
• The ability to successfully complete and pass a criminal background check
SCHEDULE: This is an exempt, 12-month classified position and the expected work schedule is Monday through Friday. The individual holding this position may need to be available early mornings, evenings, and weekends to meet the needs of the STEM Academy.
HOW TO APPLY:
All applicants must submit a UTPB electronic application in order to be considered. Link to job posting at the UTPB Careers site: https://utpb.peopleadmin.com/postings/2493.
Please include all required documents with your submission.
Unofficial transcripts of all college work are acceptable for purposes of the application. Official transcripts are required upon hire.
The University offers an excellent compensation package which includes a broad range of employee benefits including free health insurance (employee only) as well as a generous retirement program. We invite you to learn more at www.utpb.edu.
The University of Texas Permian Basin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Women and underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply.
UT Permian Basin participates in e-Verify.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert