The Department of Literature, Language, and Arts at Texas
A&M University-San Antonio seeks applications from qualified
candidates for a full-time, tenure-track appointment beginning in
Fall 2020. This position will direct Writing Across the Curriculum
in close collaboration with our university writing programs of
First-Year Composition and the Writing Center, and teach within the
newly formed Rhetoric and Writing emphasis of our English Major.
The Writing Across the Curriculum program at Texas A&M
University-San Antonio is a faculty-led initiative established
through Faculty Senate. The director of this program works closely
with a Faculty Senate committee, the chair of which provides
consultation to the Provost and President. To promote this
initiative, we seek candidates who can lead our campus in
continuing to implement university pedagogies and curricula
responsive to our institutional and regional context. The base
teaching load at A&M-SA is 3/3, and this hire will receive a
50% course reassignment to lead the Writing Across the Curriculum
program. The Department of Literature, Language, and Arts seeks
excellence in instruction, research, service, and administration.
Summer teaching assignments may be available but are not
Commensurate with experience and qualifications
- A Ph.D. in Rhetoric and Composition or a closely related field
from a regionally accredited institution.
- A minimum of 18 graduate credit hours in English.
- Evidence of scholarly achievement commensurate with the rank of
an Advanced Assistant or Associate Professor.
- University teaching experience commensurate with the rank of
Advanced Assistant or Assistant Professor.
In a letter of
interest, please speak to the following topics:
- Expertise in developing culturally responsive writing
- Experience with writing program administration including but
not limited to Writing Across the Curriculum, Writing Centers, or
First-Year Composition programs.
- Engagement with pedagogies, scholarship, and administrative
structures that support our department mission and vision
- Commitment to working with a diverse student body.
The priority deadline for
applications is October 1, 2019. The position is
open until filled.