Assistant Professor of Bible & Religion
Huntington University invites applicants for a tenure-track faculty position in Bible and Religion with a concentration on Old Testament Studies beginning Fall 2020. The ideal candidate will be committed to teaching undergraduate (and potentially graduate) courses in a Christian liberal arts setting.
The successful candidate will be an excellent teacher demonstrating the following qualifications:
- A strong personal faith in Jesus Christ and an understanding of the relationship between faith and professional practice
- A commitment to stewardship and a desire to serve students of all ages
- A Ph.D is required with a concentration in Biblical Studies-Old Testament (Hebrew Bible).
- Ability to teach in any of the following areas: Old and New Testament, World Religions, Biblical Archaeology, Biblical Interpretation and Theology
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with an ability to work collaboratively with faculty, students, the University community, and local stakeholders
- Prior experience teaching in a school setting
Huntington University is a Christian university and seeks applicants committed to its evangelical Christian mission, faith-learning integration, and liberal arts education. For more information, see: https://www.huntington.edu/education
Benefits include TIAA, medical, life and disability insurance, and traditional undergraduate tuition remission for dependents. Huntington University is an equal opportunity employer. The University is committed to building a stronger multi-cultural campus climate and enthusiastically encourages ethnically diverse candidates to apply. The Huntington University faculty application form may be found at:
A cover letter, curriculum vitae, application form, and the names and contact information for three references should be sent to email@example.com (email preferred), or mailed to Dr.
Luke S. Fetters, Interim Vice President for Academic Affairs and Dean of the Faculty, Huntington University, 2303 College Avenue, Huntington, IN 46750. Review of applicants will begin on September 20, 2019, and continue until the position is filled.