Employees hired into Administrative and Professional positions posted on or after July 1, 2017, will be governed by and, if employed on July 1, 2018 will move into the new University Human Resources System. For additional information, go to http://greatplace.vcu.edu.
Position Number F54850 Is this employee on a H1B Visa? Position Type Teaching and Research Faculty Rank Assistant Professor Working Title MFM Specialist School/Unit School of Medicine Department Ob/Gyn Number of Months 12 Tenure Status Non-Tenure Eligible Grant funded position? No
Mission or Goal of Unit
The mission of the Obstetrics and Gynecology department is to provide the highest quality clinical care in both general and specialty Obstetrics and Gynecology to the women of central Virginia. In addition to the clinical mission, the department has the allied goals of providing undergraduate and graduate medical education in the field, and advancing the field through basic and clinical research.
The Department is committed to enhance diversity among its faculty, staff and students. Finally, the Department faculty has a responsibility to provide service to their profession and to the University Community.
Chief purpose of this position in support of above mission or goal
This position is designed to provide specialty care in Maternal Fetal Medicine, including labor and delivery coverage, in and outpatient consultation, prenatal diagnosis, ultrasound, management of high risk pregnancy, and performance of specialty specific procedures. The position will include participation in student and resident and eventually fellow education. The position also includes participating in the department’s clinical research activities.
1. Teaching The position includes having an active role in student and resident teaching in both general obstetrics and maternal fetal medicine. The department plans to develop a specialty fellowship in maternal fetal medicine, and it is expected that the person filling this position would assume a significant role in their education.
2. Research The person filling the position is expected to initiate clinical research projects. They are expected to provide leadership and mentoring to MFM Fellows and Ob/Gyn residents engaged in research.
3. Service Faculty member will serve on departmental, hospital and/or university committees as necessary, as well as in a professional capacity in their field. The maternal fetal medicine specialist will be assigned to committees at the discretion of the department chair and division director.
4. Clinical Full participation in the clinical activities of the maternal fetal medicine section is expected. Clinical activities are to be determined by the Division Director of MFM, but are expected to include a combination of obstetric clinics, Ob/Gyn ultrasound, and labor and delivery coverage. Outpatient responsibilities may be at VCU Medical Center or off-site at the discretion of the chair and division director.
5. Other (for instance administrative duties, etc.) Off site clinical service (Mary Washington Hospital and St. Frances Bon Secours)
• Demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse faculty, staff, and student environment or commitment to do so as a faculty member at VCU .
• Completion of training in General OB/ GYN and Maternal Fetal Medicine equivalent to ACGME and ABOG accredited programs
• Medical license in Virginia
• Completion of an ACGME accredited OB/ GYN residency
• Completion of ABOG accredited fellowship training program in Maternal-Fetal Medicine
• Certification by the American Board of OB/ GYN in General OB/ GYN and Maternal Fetal Medicine; candidates who completed their fellowship recently enough that they are not yet eligible to sit for the exam will considered with the expectation that they take the certification exams at the earliest opportunity.
Date Posted 06/27/2017 Open Until Filled Yes Application Deadline Date Proposed Hire Date 07/01/2018 Type of Search National Application Process/Additional Information
Interested candidates should apply online at https://www.vcujobs.com. For additional information, please contact Dr. Ed Springel, Search Committee Chair, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, VCU Medical Center, PO Box 980034, Richmond, VA 23298. FAX : 804-628-3585, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted Salary Quick Link https://www.vcujobs.com/postings/64071 Diversity Statement Information Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you find out about this position?
- Alumni association magazine
- Chronicle of Higher Education
- Community event
- Email notification
- HERC (Higher Ed Recruitment Consortium)
- Higher education publication
- Internal Recruiter
- Job fair
- Job site (e.g. Monster.com)
- Professional association/journal
- Referred by person/employee
- Search firm notification
- VCU vacancy listing - eJobs
- * If you selected 'Other' for your referral source please
indicate where you heard about this posting. (If you did not select
'Other,' please enter 'n/a.')
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)