Pediatric Interventional Cardiology
Employees hired into Administrative and Professional positions posted on or after July 1, 2017, will be governed by and, if employed on July 1, 2018 will move into the new University Human Resources System. For additional information, go to http://greatplace.vcu.edu.
Position Number F54200 Is this employee on a H1B Visa? Position Type Teaching and Research Faculty Rank Open Working Title Pediatric Interventional Cardiology School/Unit School of Medicine Department Pediatrics Number of Months 12 Tenure Status Non-Tenure Eligible Grant funded position? Yes - Continuation of this position depends on funding of the grant.
Mission or Goal of Unit
Children’s Hospital of Richmond of the Virginia Commonwealth University Health System has committed itself to transforming the Pediatric Cardiology Division into a model academic unit devoted to excellence in clinical care, teaching, and clinical, translational, and basic research.
Chief purpose of this position in support of above mission or goal
CHoR’s Division of Pediatric Cardiology has undergone significant growth since the establishment of the Children’s Hospital Foundation Heart Center. This position will allow the division to continue to provide the most comprehensive pediatric and congenital cardiology services for children in the region.
Faculty member will have teaching responsibilities. Faculty member will provide teaching and mentorship to medical students, Residents, Chief Residents, and Fellows when applicable.
Faculty member will have working knowledge in research methods and be able to participate in clinical, translational, and outcomes research.
Faculty member will serve on departmental or School of Medicine level committees when appropriate, and engage in professional activities through journal review, conference presentations, etc.
Faculty member will be responsible for cardiac catheterization as well as general cardiology inpatient and outpatient duties as needed.
5. OTHER (for instance administrative duties, etc.)
Faculty member will take on administrative duties associated with this role.
• Board certified or board eligible in Pediatrics and Pediatric Cardiology
• Experience with clinical care of patients
• Experience in an academic medical center
• Demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse faculty, staff, and student environment or commitment to do so as a faculty member at VCU .
• Preference will be given to applicants with clinical or basic science research experience and the ability to apply for and obtain early career awards from the NIH or other funding agencies.
Date Posted 06/28/2018 Open Until Filled Yes Application Deadline Date Proposed Hire Date 01/01/2019 Type of Search National Application Process/Additional Information
Posted Salary Commensurate Quick Link https://www.vcujobs.com/postings/80583 Diversity Statement Information Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you find out about this position?
- Alumni association magazine
- Chronicle of Higher Education
- Community event
- Email notification
- HERC (Higher Ed Recruitment Consortium)
- Higher education publication
- Internal Recruiter
- Job fair
- Job site (e.g. Monster.com)
- Professional association/journal
- Referred by person/employee
- Search firm notification
- VCU vacancy listing - eJobs
- * If you selected 'Other' for your referral source, please
indicate where you heard about this posting? (If you did not select
'Other,' please enter 'n/a.'
(Open Ended Question)
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Other Document
- Reference Letter - 1
- Reference Letter - 2
- Reference Letter - 3