Non-Invasive Cardiologist – Cardio-Oncology
Employees hired into Administrative and Professional positions posted on or after July 1, 2017, will be governed by and, if employed on July 1, 2018 will move into the new University Human Resources System. For additional information, go to http://greatplace.vcu.edu.
Position Number F60410 Is this employee on a H1B Visa? Position Type Teaching and Research Faculty Rank Open Working Title Non-Invasive Cardiologist – Cardio-Oncology School/Unit School of Medicine Department Internal Medicine Number of Months 12 Tenure Status Non-Tenure Eligible Grant funded position? No
Mission or Goal of Unit
To practice the highest quality, safe and cost effective cardiovascular care in a comprehensive, innovative environment which is individualized and sensitive to a diverse population; Science – to enhance scientific knowledge and care through creative and pioneering investigation; Education – to provide comprehensive education and training to students and all professionals with enthusiasm and respect.
Chief purpose of this position in support of above mission or goal
Non-Invasive Cardiology Services to include inpatient coverage, outpatient/clinic coverage and ancillary test and study interpretations. To participate in educational and teaching efforts and to contribute to research and science.
1. Teaching: Time and effort shall be devoted to teaching and teaching related activities. This shall include medical students, graduate students, allied health students, residents, and fellows, nursing personnel and colleagues where appropriate. Teaching responsibilities also shall be considered to include preparation of instructional materials, evaluative materials, testing and maintenance of personal professional skills through continuing education, advising and mentoring trainees and participation in academic reinforcement programs. To contribute to teaching across the Heart Center.
2. Research: To support clinical research protocols in recruitment and adjunctive clinical management.
3. Service: Participation in activities to support the effectiveness of the Division of Cardiology, the Department of Internal Medicine and the Massey Cancer Center will be appropriate and will be assigned in the future based on mutual agreement. Service will include participation on committees as requested.
4. Clinical: To support growth of Cardiovascular Disease Clinical Management. To provide Cardiology outpatient care locally and in outreach sites by providing access to office visits. To participate in the reading of non-invasive testing & studies. To perform duties as an attending physician on the inpatient and consult services. To provide general cardiology and cardio-oncology patient care and to serve as the primary inpatient consultant to the Hematology, Oncology and Bone Marrow Services.
Candidates should be a BC/BE cardiologist. Candidate should be clinically oriented and possess sufficient research and teaching experience to be eligible for academic appointment. The candidate must be able to communicate effectively and work with a large multidisciplinary program. The successful candidate will be expected to participate in teaching and educational programs. Applicants must be eligible for medical licensure in state of Virginia. Demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse faculty, staff, and student environment or commitment to do so as a faculty member at VCU .
Date Posted 10/02/2018 Open Until Filled Yes Application Deadline Date Proposed Hire Date 12/01/2018 Type of Search National Application Process/Additional Information
Interested candidates should apply online at https://www.vcujobs.com
For additional information, please contact Clare Greene, Cardiology Division Administrator – Clare.Greene@vcuhealth.org.
Posted Salary Quick Link https://www.vcujobs.com/postings/83502 Diversity Statement Information Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you find out about this position?
- Alumni association magazine
- Chronicle of Higher Education
- Community event
- Email notification
- HERC (Higher Ed Recruitment Consortium)
- Higher education publication
- Internal Recruiter
- Job fair
- Job site (e.g. Monster.com)
- Professional association/journal
- Referred by person/employee
- Search firm notification
- VCU vacancy listing - eJobs
- * If you selected 'Other' for your referral source please
indicate where you heard about this posting. (If you did not select
'Other,' please enter 'n/a.')
(Open Ended Question)
- Are you a Board Certified or Board Eligible Cardiologist?
- Are you clinically oriented and possess sufficient research and
teaching experience to be eligible for academic appointment?
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Other Document
- Reference Letter - 1
- Reference Letter - 2
- Reference Letter - 3